Chapter 4: Rest and Relaxation

Soap POV

I walk down a hallway, looking around, Office, Office, meeting room, storage. I'd be wrong to say that I'm not lost, I've been looking for the common area for about 10 minutes, and I'm embarrassed that it wasn't my first time passing that storage room. Office, unlabeled door, bathrooms... Common area. I stop, "Thank fuck" I say to myself, I walk in acting as if I haven't been aimlessly walking trying to find this place.

In the room, there's a couch sat in front of a tv, along with an armchair next to it. Around the room there are people sitting around, chatting, and using the limited time they have to relax. I look around for a seat, preferably something comfortable, The massage chairs are taken and the couch is stacked with the people on it watching Becker reruns.

 "He never takes off his mask" I hear a woman say beside me, "People don't get promotions talking about their superiors" a man says. I look around for the person they could be talking about, not many people wear masks here, well from what I've seen. "Him being a higher rank is what makes him hot, I might go for it, and we'll see if he takes the mask off for me" the woman says, smirking at her friend.

I lean against the wall, pretending to look at my phone, Some mid-day entertainment, let's see who she goes after. I watch as she walks across the room over to a man sitting by himself in a arm chair that's facing a window, reading a book, whilst the table next to him has a cup of what looks like a brown substance.

Women always go towards the alcoholic types, I roll my eyes, I keep watching. She walks over, leaning down next to him, I hear her murmur something I can't quite hear. I look around the room, If I move, I could hear better, but I could also jeopardize me spying. I look to the woman's friend, who's watching her from the same distance I am, She'll likely just come back to tell her friend what happened.

I put my phone away crossing my arms, staying leaned against the wall, I watch her closely. The man in the chair takes a sip of his drink, paying little attention to the woman. She moves closer to the chair, sitting on the armrest, I scoff quietly, Mission accomplished I guess. Just as I think that, the woman quickly stands from the armrest, I furrow my brow, Oh? I turn to her friend who was also watching.

He's is rubbing his eyebrows, cursing under his breath, I turn back to the woman, Well isn't this interesting. She's now standing straight with her hands behind her, "Yes lieutenant, apologies lieutenant" The woman says. She lowers her hands and start to walk back in the direction of her friend, the man in the chair unbothered by the interaction.

I pull out my phone to avoid suspicion, "What happened?" The man asks, the woman lets out a sarcastic sounding scoff. "Well, it was going good, I was talking to him about what he was reading, he ignored me but as soon as I sat down he immediately told me to run 20 laps" She explains. I smile, trying to hold my laughter in, "I told you not to go over there"  The man says, he chuckles at his friends punishment.

"Fucking lieutenants" The woman says annoyed, "Something you won't be doing" her friend jokes, she shoves his arm. They start towards the exit, "Maybe you can give up on Mr.Riley, and try, oh I don't know, someone of your rank?" The woman friend suggests. She lets out another annoyed sigh, "Shut up" She says, they both leave. 

I look up from my phone, over to the man sitting down, Mr.Riley? Simon? I look around. People are relaxing, unaware of anything that's happened, I look back over to him. He continues to read his book, I smile, I'll give it a try.

Ghost POV

'As I said these words I busied myself among the pile of bones of which I have before spoken. Throwing them aside, I soon uncovered a quantity of building stone and mortar.' I take a sip of my bourbon, keeping my eyes on the page, 'With these materials and with the aid of my trowel, I began vigorously to wall up the entrance of the niche.'