71. Strengthening Love.

Start from the beginning

Silently entering the house with his keys, Taehyung stepped into the hall only to be met with a heart-wrenching scene. There, on the couch, was y/n, curled up in a tight embrace, tears staining her face.

Carefully placing his belongings aside, Taehyung knelt down, gently wiping away the tears on her face, causing a drowsy y/n to stir. Blinking her eyes a few times, she struggled to regain clarity in her vision.

Startled awake, y/n quickly sat up and hesitantly inquired, "Tae, when did you... come back?"

Getting up, Taehyung responded with a gentle warmth, "Just now." Y/n nodded in acknowledgment and suggested, "Oh, please have a seat. I'll fetch you some water." She proceeded to the kitchen, bringing back a glass of water.

As he sipped the water, y/n looked at him and hesitantly asked, her words trembling, "A-are you h-hungry? Want to e-eat something?" She awaited his response, anticipating the possibility of rejection.

Taehyung gently held her arm and requested, "Come here first." He guided her onto his lap, and as y/n settled there, she looked at him with tear-filled eyes. Overwhelmed by emotions, she broke down into tears as he hugged her tightly, snuggling into her neck.

Holding onto his hand tightly with both of hers, y/n began to explain, her voice still shaky, "T-Tae, I d-didn't mean to push you... but when you turned me around and I saw the wall, I got scared. I remembered... that alpha, he pinned me and t-touched me all over my back.

I-I don't know why I forgot it was you, I don't know why I yelled like that at you. I am sorry for being r-rude and d-disrespectful to you, I d-didn't know what I was doing. Sorry to hurt you." Her words were accompanied by tears, as she cried while recounting her situation.

As Taehyung listened, he realized that y/n's reaction was triggered by her traumatic past experience. A wave of understanding and empathy washed over him, making him feel even worse for y/n. He recognized that she was simply scared and he should have been more understanding of her feelings.

Taehyung tenderly wiped away her tears, his gaze filled with love. "It's okay, my baby. It wasn't your fault," he assured, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead. He continued, "I am sorry too, love. I should have been more understanding."

However, y/n's response caught him off guard. "No, T-Tae, you don't have to be more understanding than this. It's me, I have so many problems with me. I'm so sorry for being like this." Her words struck a chord, and Taehyung mentally chided himself for inadvertently making y/n feel responsible for the situation.

Pulling her closer, Taehyung reassured her, "Who said you carry problems, love? It's nothing like that. You're the best person I could ever have in my life as a partner. It wasn't your fault, neither back then nor now. It's okay, I know the flashbacks made you react like that."

Y/n nodded, her tears still evident.

"It's okay, it's completely fine. It's not your fault, okay? Don't blame yourself or ever think that again, okay?" He emphasized, and after a moment of hesitation, y/n nodded in agreement.

Comfortingly, he guided her head to rest on his chest and ran a soothing hand through her hair. "But there's something we both need to understand," he began, his voice gentle,

"when we're in an intimate relationship like ours, it's important to communicate our likes and dislikes to each other. It's a way to maintain a healthy relationship."

He went on, "For instance, let's say I kissed your neck and it made you uncomfortable. If that happens, you should tell me to stop right then and there. Likewise, the same applies to me. If there's something I don't like or feel uncomfortable with, I'll communicate it to you too."