CHAPTER 68

"Dance with me to a slow ballad!" Zeth was the first to raise his voice and sing a high note.

"I saw you on the dance floor, alone. I'm alone, and I pray you'll hold my hand!" The Sixth Octave boys all began to sing in unison, looking with confused eyes at the sensually dancing Monster Mash boys at the front.

With a nod from Zeth, Monster Mash split into two parts. Frank, Alex, and Draco walked down the stage stairs to the aisle on the right, while Zeth, Finn, and Everett quickly went down the aisle to the left.

"Tonight, just dance with me, baby get closer." The Sixth Octave boys were still singing onstage, watching in confusion as the boys stood three by three down the aisles, dancing to the beat of the song among the audience. Sixth Octave's voices seemed to crack a bit, and every band member was looking at Anton for answers he did not have. "Dance with me to a slow ballad. Leave your boyfriend!"

Jeyk Hill raised his microphone to sing but couldn't because Finn stole his part.

"I've known you for so long, we are the best of friends now," in the left aisle, Finn began to sing with a sway of his hips and one hand running up his shapely torso, flanked by a gay couple who were smiling and clapping as if encouraging the boy. "I pray to all the gods that you won't turn me down, no. Your boyfriend is away, and to you I'll make my way. I want to be by your side every day!" And then Finn finished his part with front hip thrusts.

Paul raised his microphone to his lips, but a deep voice prevented him from uttering a word.

“Your boyfriend mistreats you, how could he ever leave you?” Everett sang behind Finn, relaxed and circling his hips, and there was a woman running her hand over his ripped abs while he thrust his hips towards her. "He might even cheat on you, my chest burns like fire," then he threw his hands up and the woman did the same with a laugh. "You are alone, he’s a liar, I am not. Still, you’re waiting for him to come take you home!"

“I saw you on the dance floor, alone, I’m alone, and I pray you’ll hold my hand!” The Sixth Octave boys on stage were singing again, but they looked at each other like they were afraid or confused, barely following their complex dance routine. “Tonight, just dance with me, baby get closer. Dance with me to a slow ballad. Leave your boyfriend.”

Jeyk Hill raised his microphone to sing but fell silent again when Alex began to sing his part down the hall to the right.

“I ain’t no bad boy, hipster, nerd, or football jock,” Alex was in his element, dancing and singing nearly naked while fans touched his body from behind and bit their lips. “I ain’t the guy who rocks your whole world, no. But I can see what makes you perfect, my love. I can’t seem to let go, darling!”

“I don’t know what I did to deserve this!” Paul sang onstage, his eyes fixed on Draco, who was playfully dancing with a couple under the stage. “But you treat me like I’m just your best friend. Oh, I’m..."

“Lonely, I need you, come here, show me love!” Finn sang and stole the end of Paul’s part. The purple-haired boy glared down at him from above, but Finn only winked.

Mort was about to raise his microphone, but Frank made sure to do it faster than him.

“I need you, baby. You! I’m right here. Can’t you see me?” Frank was dancing with a fan while singing in the right aisle, but suddenly all the Monster Mash boys ran up the stairs to the stage, and he waved goodbye to the girl, following his bandmates while singing, “You picked up my pieces, my dear. You’re my lifeline!”

“I love..." Anton started to sing, but Zeth's much stronger voice drowned out his until Anton lowered his microphone with a groan and stomped his foot on the floor.

“I love every part of you. You’re my life,” Zeth stood at the front of the stage while singing, “Can’t we be more than friends?” Zeth winked at Anton before dropping back his head. “Tell me why!” And then Zeth raised his voice to an impossibly high and powerful note.

“I saw you on the dance floor, alone. I’m alone, and I pray you’ll hold my hand!” Now Monster Mash sang in unison, drowning Sixth Octave’s voices. They all looked annoyed while Monster Mash danced like there was no tomorrow, “Tonight, just dance with me, baby get closer. Dance with me to a slow ballad. Leave your boyfriend.”

“I want to hear you all make some noise!" Finn shouted and the people in the audience began to clap loudly and cheer.

“Come on, babe. Come on, babe, eh-eh-eh! Dance with me, dance with me!” The Monster Mash boys raised their hands and stomped on the floor, causing the entire audience to do the same, including Mr. O’Pry himself and his wife Cadence, who looked jovial, very cheerful, and informal. This was so weird! The couple were soon holding hands and dancing to the Monster Mash vocals, even twirling and shaking their shoulders, “Come on, babe. Come on, babe, eh-eh-eh! Dance with me, dance with me! Come on, babe. Come on, babe, eh-eh-eh! Dance with me, dance with me!”

With the explosive and incredibly catchy outro of the melody, Sixth Octave danced their perfect and elegant choreography, while Monster Mash performed their own perfectly coordinated and sensual routine. Alex, Draco, Zeth, Frank, and Everett even danced with some cheerleaders doing salsa twirls while Finn danced with a brown-skinned cheerleader boy.

Everyone, including the audience, judges, cheerleaders, and singers, jumped around and clapped their hands together with smiles on their faces. However, Anton and his boys stood frozen on the spot, losing interest in dancing and singing when they noticed that the audience was only screaming for Monster Mash.

When the melody and choreography came to an end, and silver confetti fell from the ceiling, the crowd went wild. Some screamed, some cried, and some clapped and cheered for them, but most shouted at the top of their lungs...

"Monster Mash, Monster Mash! Monster Mash, Monster Mash!"

The Sixth Octave boys remained still, all watching their rivals, waiting for them to make a move.

"Scream for Monster Mash!" Tom O’Pry ordered into his microphone, and the audience erupted in thunderous cheers and applause.

The group slowly moved towards the judges, with everyone clapping, jumping up and down, and waving wildly. When they reached the judges' table, Cadence and Tom shook the boys' hands to congratulate them, and Draco, Zeth, and Frank even gave Tom O'Pry a group hug. It was surprising how Cadence lost all composure and hugged Everett as if he were a giant teddy bear. She even buried her face between his massive pecs, not caring that her husband was there.

Once Finn and Alex hugged Mr. O’Pry and the judges sat back down, the band began to make their way to the stage. The Sixth Octave guys waited with their arms crossed, shaking their heads.

“Everyone loves them,” Anton whispered, and Alex looked over his shoulder and winked.

“It's just that nobody likes a spoiled brat who silences fans before he starts singing,” the wolf replied, “And those who play dirty and steal our show.”

“Well, you stole the show,” Anton gave a slow, sarcastic pair of claps, “Well done, apes.”

It seemed like everything had gone well, but although Zeth was proud of his boys, he knew it wasn't time to celebrate. A premature celebration can bring down a war-long effort to secure a throne, after all, everyone knew what happened to Queen for a day Elizekhmet and Prince Shain ‘the Noble’ Rahman when they celebrated early...

King Anuber Rahman returned riding his dragon to burn the Bent Pyramid and the room where Elizekhmet and Shein were, killing them in a gigantic explosion. Zeth knew it was not wise to underestimate someone who had already been dethroned, because they can always come back fiercer than ever.

“And now," the show's host spoke, "We'll hear what Mr. and Mrs. O'Pry have to say."