CHAPTER 48

After the crazy bachelorette night, when the club had emptied and only the sound of brooms sweeping confetti filled the air, Jade sat backstage, watching Zeth emerge from the locker room, putting on a black shirt that sqweezed his perfect body. He smiled softly at her, his eyes gleaming as they met hers.

"Did you have fun?" he asked.

"Yes, Zeth." Jade nodded.

"Are you happy?"

"Very." Jade smiled slightly, nodding again.

"That's good."

Jade was beyond happy. She was happy because she had spent time with her new friends and her new boyfriend. She was happy because she had let go of all inhibitions. She was happy because she had experienced something new.

She was happy because she was with her new, chosen family.

"I'm glad to hear that too," Finn said, sitting in a folding chair like a movie director. "I think tonight was good for all of us."

"I would like to take you to our place, Jade," Zeth said, tightening the bandages on his forearms and hands. "Can you tell Henry you are coming?"

"He lets me do whatever I want," Jade shrugged. "I guess he doesn't care if I get kidnapped."

"Henry's a great guy. I think he's just letting you live your life," Frank said, holding a towel in one hand and body wash in the other as he pushed open the door of the locker room, "I hope that body oil washes off quickly."

"Is Everett still in there?" Finn asked, with his hair still a little wet after his shower.

"Body oil isn't easy to wash off a six-foot body," Zeth said. "So, Finn... You’re gay."

"At least I think I am," Finn nodded heartily, looking into the front camera of his phone, staring at himself. "I was thinking about dyeing my hair rainbow colours. It would look fine. What do you think?"

"Well, all I know is that I won a bet," Zeth inspected his nails. "As always, I was right!"

"You were betting?" Finn asked, and Zeth nodded while still looking at his nails. "You bastard!"

"But if you're gay...” Jade gasped, and Finn nodded. “But I thought you liked me!"

"I don't know if I'm gay. I like you, but I don’t know if I like you in a, I don’t know, sexual way? I think I'm not explaining myself well."

"And do you like anyone in the band? In a sexual way?" Zeth turned with a slight mischievous smile and a raised eyebrow. "Besides me?"

"How did you know I like you? Draco told you, right? That bloody Animaniac is going to pay dearly for it!" Finn grumbled and looked away from his phone camera.

"He didn't," Zeth chuckled, "But I'm good at reading people."

"So Finn won't be my boyfriend," Jade sighed. Wow! One less thing to worry about! Honestly, the thought of having six boyfriends made her feel so overwhelmed - five was not much better, but six was a little bit too much. She wanted a friend. A friend with whom she could talk about everything, even things that would make Zeth uncomfortable, and who did not have a crush on her.

Finn was what she was looking for.

"I didn't say that. I do want to be with you," Finn said, "We can try, I'm exploring my preferences but I know I have feelings for you, I don't know how to explain it."

"We can give it a try, you and I, Finn," Zeth said.

Wait. A. Minute.

Was he flirting with Finn?

What about Jade?

"Am I a potato?" Jade whined, "I thought you were with me!"

"I should have warned you. I'm not monogamous, it would be unfair to everyone because I'm perfect, and everyone deserves a little bit of me," Zeth replied, "You know, if we're going to be poly, let it be the whole package."

Jade froze. Did she really hear those words come out of Zeth's mouth? She did! The way Zeth phrased it, though, sounded very serious. And if it was serious... Then how serious could it be?

She knew that Zeth wasn't straight, but this?!

Was he asking Finn out?

"Unless you don't want it to be that way, Finn," Zeth shrugged, turning to see Jade, "Do you have a problem with Finn being my boyfriend too? I appreciate your honesty."

"It could work out I guess," Jade mumbled.

The truth was that the idea of sharing Zeth bothered her a bit.

It could turn her friendship, or relationship with Finn, into a competition.