CHAPTER 36

The club was ready. There were neon lights, alcohol, loud music, and... no people.

All the Mashers who would be on camera were waiting outside, screaming and anxious. Their makeup was off, they couldn't keep their lips still, and their voices were high as they tried to talk over each other.

"I haven't danced in a strip-show in years," Alex said, dressed in a purple robe backstage. "I hope everything goes well. And I hope that having allowed alcohol is not a problem or we will have a lot of drunk girls soon. There are regulations, right?"

"It's only one alcoholic drink per girl,” Draco, who was sitting on a folding chair in a red robe said, looking at his phone and moving one leg up and down. “Zeth asked that they put a stamp on those who already had one and they will only be able to order the drink with a ticket that Egor will give each one with their name, each ticket has a number to know whose it is. What worries me is that Zeth and Everett are running late."

"Oh God, Zeth is going to kill me!" Frank kept pacing in circles in an electric green robe, holding his head. "What should I tell him?"

"That you're an idiot who doesn't listen," Finn replied, in a teal robe. "And that we're going to be on national TV tomorrow night without any preparation."

"We only have tomorrow morning for rehearsal! What are we going to do?!" Frank panicked as he turned towards them, sweat pouring from his brow into his eyelashes. He put his hands on his hips and frowned deeply. "Why isn't anyone taking it seriously?!"

"This was a stupid idea, and it was yours!" Alex said, pointing a finger at Draco, who was still playing games on his mobile. "We should have fought to film at the school and not here!"

"Sorry I'm so late," Zeth snapped, walking like a model into the backstage area. "I hope you didn't miss me too much."

"Back door is too small. I hit my forehead," Everett said, stepping inside and rubbing his face with one hand.

"Where's Jade?" Alex asked, and Zeth, who was leisurely grabbing a golden robe and a white one for Everett, pointed back.

"Say hello to the new and improved Jade!" the band leader exclaimed, and from behind a black wall, she appeared...

Her hair was dark purple with light purple highlights, cut to shoulder length and perfectly straightened. It was soft, bright, and beautiful. She had light purple eyeshadow, black eyeliner, and dark purple lipstick.

"That's... Jade?!" Frank asked, finally stopping his frantic pacing.

"Damn... She looks hot." Draco's jaw dropped, and his phone slipped from his fingers like butter.

"Ay, Ay, Ay! Señorita! And here I am in éstas fachas," Alex put a hand to his mouth, his golden eyes shining like gold.

"She doesn't even look like the same girl!" Finn whispered, turning to see Everett, who was already approaching the locker room. "Your sister did this?"

"That's right," Everett opened the locker room door, and Zeth walked in first, though Everett had to duck.

"Do you like my wedding dress?" Jade asked, turning around like a princess.

She was wearing a two-piece ensemble, consisting of a black and dark purple dress with transparent straps and a matching crop top. The dress had an upper strip of purple; beneath, black followed to end in a point when the long black skirt began, most of which was sheer.

"Your boots are goth like mine!" Draco said, standing up, jumping a little in his place with a huge smile and a slightly childish laugh. "You look beautiful!"

"And those jewels are shiny, just like you," Frank said, leaning a little closer, ducking his head to admire her purple jewel earrings and a diamond bracelet on her right arm.

"A Goth wedding dress complete with boots," Alex chuckled a little. "This dress screams 'Marry Me' to any man who sees you!"

"Thank you." Jade smiled brightly, her eyes lighting up and making everyone else blush.