CHAPTER 26

Each Monster Mash boy was looking very closely at the Sixth Octave guys.

Mort kept looking at Frank with his eyes full of fury and resentment, but Frank didn't seem to have any grudge against him and even wiggled his eyebrows and waved at him like the well-mannered boy he was.

“Hi, Mort,” Frank whispered with a shy smile.

“Shut up, Rubinstein,” Mort grunted.

Anton was still looking down at Draco, with an air of superiority and a mocking face, behind him was Kevin, but he wasn't looking at anyone.

Alex and Paul gave each other challenging, slightly uncomfortable looks.

Finn and Jeyk looked into each other's eyes for a second, blushing and instantly avoiding the other's gaze.

Everett and Clyde?

They were both hissing and snarling at each other, though Clyde looked more like a maniacal raging pitbull while Everett looked more like a narrow-eyed polar bear.

This was almost as awkward as when Draco's sister and Zafira Rahman met in the ruins of the Bent Pyramid of Zehtt to negotiate a temporary alliance to fight the Zeldrich Threat.

Queen Batrix refused to cooperate and Zafira kept threatening her with her army of hunters, Yetis and everything she had gathered in her time in Zagarrta.

Draco tried to be a mediator, even Zeth tried, but both women were too powerful, and stubborn, to give in. Zafira was already considered queen of the entire country of Zagarrta, and Draco's sister was the queen of Evalon, so from that meeting, surely an armed peace or a war as big as the Clash of the Rahmans could begin.

It didn't help that Zafira wanted the throne where Draco's sister sat, after all, that's why she came to Evalon with her massive armies.

To become the new Queen of the Nine Kingdoms.

There was a moment when both women were no longer paying attention to anyone advising them, and Draco activated his dream mode, looking around the ruins, imagining chained dragons perishing under the rubble as King Anuber rode Anubyx and burned this place down with dragon fire. Draco always said that Anubyx was his favourite dragon because he was dwarf, fast and very playful, like him.

Draco could never pay too much attention for long, and even left for a moment to look at the skull of Kizerya, the dragon of Queen for a day Elizekhmet, while both Zafira and his sister argued. When Zeth found him, the resolution of the conflict had already passed, and even scolded him for leaving.

Damn! Right now Draco needed Zeth's wisdom and leadership, but he had to stay calm, and focused, or there would be a Clash of the Bands here and now.

"Von Stroker!" Anton yelled and Draco came back to Earth. Damn! It happened again!

“Oh wow! Please tell me more," Draco said his default line again.

"As I was saying. We're here to shoot a music video," Anton said, hands on his hips, "And then we'll give an exclusive interview for the blog of the famous Melody O'Pry, my sister."

"Well, I'm afraid to say that we will shoot here first!" Alex growled like a wolf.

"Put your dog on a leash," Anton told Draco, "We'll film here, and it'll be art, not like your videos…" Anton made a disgusted face and twisted his fingers, "God, you guys are so vulgar that I don't even know if your videos count as a form of artistic expression! Don't you even know what a shirt is? Or is it that you like to walk around half naked for money and views?"

"What are you saying?" Alex lunged forward, and even Frank and Finn had to hold him back.

"You are so banal. You guys look more like strippers than singers, no offense," Anton checked his nails and then gasped, "Oh! You know what? Yeah, get offended!"