CHAPTER 4

"Give you more, like that, you like it babe. Arch your back, need to hear you moan." Finn sang dressed in what looked like super tight black swimming trunks and a teal fish-print vest. "Take away your mask, this is gonna hurt. It's not wrong, we're behind closed doors!" His blonde hair, with uneven streaks of blue, cascaded to the side of his head like waves as he danced. Two rows of piranha-white teeth appeared between his lips when he smiled. Despite being on stage at a concert, he wore black flip-flops that, to be honest, didn't look very safe.

Finn had always been the average guy in the group, the most relaxed too. He was never loud, but not exactly quiet either, with a personality as noble as his shade of lime green eyes; eye-catching but not distracting. Physically, he also struck a balance between the body of an expert swimmer and a gym enthusiast.

He was a humble guy, and he was very talented. Jade grew up listening to Fall Out Boy, and although she was not the daughter of a vocal coach like Melody, she knew that Patrick Stump and Finn sang identically and...

"Boring! I don't really understand why he's in such a talented boy band!" Melody rolled her eyes. Jade turned to look at her with fury in hers, wondering how she dared to call herself a Masher. It was cruel for Melody to speak like that about such a special boy, who even launched a campaign to raise funds for training people to clean up pelicans affected by oil spills in oceans and seas and also invested a lot of money in favour of the preservation of endangered species and ecosystems, and even volunteered for beach cleaning. "That was quite an impressive B4, not gonna lie, but he rarely hits high notes. I mean, his highest are C6 which is pretty impressive, but he hardly ever gets a chance to sing them. And if I'm being honest, his range is nice, his riffs and runs are to die for, but his friends overshadow him too much!"

"Hey! Don't be rude!" Jade wanted to kick Melody out of her own Masher room. "Because of people like you, Finn got really upset and even asked the staff to turn off his mic during the final chorus of 'My Beautiful Freak' at last year's Christmas show!"

"Please! Even Everett told him in an interview that he was being too dramatic!" Melody said, turning to look at the screen. "Although that's not new with Everett, you know how he is... Oh! Talking about the coldest man on earth! Here comes his solo!"

"Get on fours, baby, take it whole! I'm the one who's in control!" Everett sang as if the world around him wasn't exploding, not a drop of sweat despite wearing a white furry vest over a crystalline purple and blue tank top.

Of all the boys, Everett was the tallest and burliest, practically a giant who could easily train alongside Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson without breaking a sweat and walk out of the gym with his white hair with uneven streaks of purple and blue still perfectly combed.

His snow-white skin glittered, cold as a winter breeze, cold like his ice-blue eyes.

Almost nothing was known about Everett. He was the most mysterious and quiet of all the boys, emotionless and acerbic, almost always stoic and quiet. But if he spoke, it was for two reasons: to sing or to tell an awkward truth. It was all part of his charm. He rarely smiled too, perhaps due to the small tusks protruding from his mouth.

There was something about this boy with the deep, monotone voice that promised many secrets, an irrefutable mystery worth solving. But there was one thing that the fans knew well: his cold heart could melt, and it had happened before. He was known to have supported many charities, raising funds for rescuers, emergency teams, and volunteers. He purchased materials and expanded more than one fire or rescue station all around the world. Some rumours even said that he had helped protect Arctic and Antarctic wildlife against hunters by hiring snipers, and as crazy as it might sound, with radical Everett, one could never be sure.