As busy as my mind was, I fell asleep fast.

..

Tuesday morning. I went to the bathroom, showered, brushed my teeth and then blow dried my hair, gathering it in a ponytail and twirling it lightly. I went for something easier to wear, jeans, strapless chemise and a black formal blazer on top. I pulled out a pair of dark blue pumps, eyeing them with dismay and awe at once. They were very pretty—Norah's choice—but very high. I could already imagine the kind of ache I'd feel wearing those, but they were gorgeous.

The elevator was still not working so I went down the stairs carefully, smiling to an old woman in the lobby when she offered me crab cakes. I accepted one bashfully and smiled in wonder. Who was so nice to do that these days? I tried to ignore the fact that I ate crab cakes in the morning, and waved for a cab.

On the way to work, I plugged my earphones and searched through my songs, looking for Heartbreak Girl. I found Disconnected right atop of it and smiled wryly. Bella would've gone nuts if she were here.

The music is a welcomed distraction until we arrive at the mall, and I thank the cabbie, paying him off and heading inside the mall. I was still plugging my earphones, looking at my phone and texting Ivy a good morning, asking if Ian was back or not. It wasn't until the song was over that I noted how noisy it was around me.

I looked up, blinking in surprise to see crowds of girls screaming and waving at...someone. I squeezed into the crowds, trying to find my way to La Perla and getting shouldered couple of times. I had an inkling who might be the target of the girls' attention, but I didn't want to involve myself. I loved the discretion my life blissfully contained, at least for the meantime.

My thoughts were confirmed when a girl screamed Ashton's name, and looked to find her taking a selfie with him. He smiled at the camera, his face so breathtaking it was hard to believe that he was mine, and I had to stand helpless and watch as he smiled and hugged other girls. His face lightened up suddenly, as if he remembered something, and when he looked up, I was between girls dying to be in her place, smiling secretly at him.

I resumed my journey to the shop, smiling at Hannah, who paid no attention at all, and stared like others...at him.

God, the shit I had to deal with.

I pulled my phone out when it buzzed and found a text.

I smiled dryly. Just another day of my life. You look dazzling by the way x

I hid my smile, texting back. You don't look so bad yourself. Watch your back however, the redhead wants to pinch your ass.

I looked at him the moment he received the text, watching as it sank in his mind. He turned around quickly, and the redhead blinked in surprise—I could see her blush all the way from here. Ashton looked over to where I was standing behind the cashier, smirking. I giggled, putting a hand over my mouth to stop the sound from bursting out.

"Back to work, Elizabeth." Jacqueline voice startles me, and I note her mischievous smile. It's kind of shocking to see someone so sharp looking so wicked.

I nod, and she leaves.

I read his text before turning my attention to a woman who places her things on the counter.

Thanks for the warning, girlfriend ;)

Just doing my job

I tuck my phone in my pockets and focus on my work, unable to stop myself from lifting my eyes once or twice to where he is. It takes about twenty minutes before he's out of the mall, and another ten until most of the girls leave. Funnily, the redhead—who wanted to pinch my boyfriend's ass—comes inside La Perla, smiling to Hannah, who immediately offers to assist her.

I find another text from Ashton a little after eleven.

Can I see you tonight?

My heart thumps in excitement, and I type back, careful to remain unnoticed by one of the girls, Anna, who turned out to be a snitch.

Planning to kidnap me again?

Not really. Maybe we can hang out at your place?

My stomach tightens in anticipation, and I text back an agreement. He says he'll be there by nine possibly, and certainly staying until midnight. Now that I have something to look up to, it's very hard to focus and not fidget every damn minute.

I'm ready to crawl out of my skin by the time the sun disappears, and I sling my bag over my shoulder, shoving my phone in my pocket and fleeing out of La Perla. I call Bella, and when there's no answer, I leave a voicemail where I let her know I won't be alone tonight.