XVI

Please vote and comment and let me know what you think?? Thank you for the support so far you guys are incredible!!

Enjoy this silly Ashton Irwin omfg *weeps in a corner*

..

I like the summer rain

I like the sounds you make

We put the world away

We get so disconnected

You are my getaway

You are my favori—

"For fuck's sake Elizabeth! This is the tenth time we hear that song." Bella's whiny voice cuts through the sound of the song, which makes me scowl at her. So what if we heard it dozens of times? I loved that song!

"You're annoying," I groan when she turns it off, sighing dramatically. "I like the summer rain, I like the sounds you make. We put—"

"Elizabeth!" Bella squeals and practically jumps on me, shushing me with both hands plastered over my mouth. I grumble behind it and she rolls her eyes, yelping in surprise when I bite her palm.

"You've gone mad," she shakes her head and laughs, getting up and taking the glasses of wine away—yes I've actually drunk some wine. "You're lovesick."

I smile languidly, murmuring the song words again and raising my voice just to spite Bella. She says something in her accent—so difficult I actually wonder if it was English at all—and sprinkles some water on me. I protest idly and she giggles, plopping down on the couch. I look at the clock to find that it was a little past nine, and I needed to get home.

"I have to go home." I mutter and sit up, picking my phone up and gasping in surprise as I note that I have three missed calls. I frown when I see that it's an unknown number.

It buzzes again in my palm and my heart speeds up in panic. It's an unknown number, the chances of that being Andrew is pretty damn big, and it sobers me up immediately.

"I have to go." I say distractedly and fetch my bag in a hurry, almost stumbling and falling face-down on the carpet as I bend a little to put my heels on.

"Slow down," Bella offers me an arm and I smile. "What's wrong?"

"I just...remembered...something!" I stutter and kiss her cheeks hastily—I don't even know why I did that—before leaving her apartment and shutting the door behind my back.

My phone buzzes again and I curse it quietly, waving for a cab. One stops right away and I duck in, muttering the address before looking at my phone again. Fucking unknown number. It's starting to freak me out seriously. We arrive after few minutes—seven minutes and thirty seconds because I was counting—and I pay him off, thanking him briefly before going inside the lobby. It must be my unlucky day, since the elevator is not working and I have to take the stairs.

I bend down, sliding my heels off and start to climb the stairs. It's not that much of a long journey, but not a welcomed one, either. Once I reach my apartment, I push the key in the lock and open the door, quickly turning around to lock it once I'm inside. My phone buzzes again and I throw it on the couch—I possibly look like a lunatic, my hands shaking and my skin covered in a thin layer of sweat.

I leave my phone on the couch as it is and hurry to my bedroom, shutting the door behind me and turning the lights off, my heartbeat loud in the empty quiet room. I dropped my bag to the floor and stepped out of my skirt, lying face down on the bed.