VI

Please vote and comment and let me know what you think? And god I should get an award for updating I'm so depressed about what happened :c

Dedicated (as always) to bonnaroo. The whole story, actually, but I forget to put dedication in every chapter 😁

JUST LOOK AT THE GIF OMFG JSDKVBLAKSBKV

..

After I finally convinced Bella that we had to leave, I supported her wobbling body and the bartender surprisingly whistled for a cab and didn't get back inside until we had pulled off. Such a guy. I didn't know bartenders were so kind, but then again, he had no reason to be otherwise.

Bella was slurring and laughing next to me and I looked out of the window, unable to stop thinking about tonight. I had been so close to him but I couldn't get close enough. I guess it's true when they say you can't always have what you want. Someone else would've just danced with him and mourned about it later. But I wasn't a person who could easily forget, especially when it was about boys or friends. I needed too much time to overcome something, and I suffered from this constantly.

When the cab parked in front of Bella's building, I gaped at her. She lived here? Wow. I helped her out and she leaned her full weight on me as I struggled to get us to the elevator before she fell over. She leaned against the wall inside the elevator and chuckled, looking at me with unfocused eyes.

"I-I can't believe you," she slurred, making my nose wrinkle in confusion. Her Accent was more difficult to figure out this way. "Ashton Irwin? Yo-You said no to Ashton Irwin?" I froze in my place and felt the blush creep to my cheeks.

Little did she know that I wish things went differently. But that's the way life works.

"I'm not interested in him." I lied and felt a deep gut-clench as the words escaped my mouth.

"Y-You're crazy." She groaned when the elevator dinged, and I supported her out of it. She fumbled with her purse before handing me the keys and slumping heavily against the wall.

I unlocked the apartment with some difficulty and took her arm gently, helping her inside. She collapsed on the couch and kicked her heels off, groaning in relief. I put her purse and keys on the coffee table and searched the hall for her room. I found it and admired the elegance and décor before snatching a light blanket and leaving.

She was passed out. I was sure of it. Her breath was slow and steady, her leg dangling from the couch. I rolled my eyes and sighed, lifting her leg and draping the blanket over her. I searched the kitchen cabinets and drawers for any painkiller and when I came up empty I took two from my purse-I was sure one of us would be horribly drunk and was also sure it wouldn't be me.

I filled a glass with water and placed everything on the table before taking my things and leaving the apartment quietly.

It was late and I was paranoid but had no choice, so I waved for a cab and climbed inside slowly, frantically looking between the driver and road. He wasn't even looking at me, focusing on the road and I relaxed, if only a little. The ride was silent and I was jittery, anxious to get home and sleep.

"Thank you." I smiled a little and paid the driver, who smiled back.

I took the elevator up to my apartment and felt the weight of the night come back. I was suddenly sluggish and tired, dragging myself to my apartment and unlocking the door with unnecessary laziness. I shoved the keys in my purse and put it on the counter, hopping out of my heels en route to the bedroom.

I threw myself on the bed and closed my eyes. Sleep took over fast.

..

The next morning I wasn't energetic, and I wasn't excited for a long day at work either. I dressed fast and left, leaning my head against the window while the cabbie sung to some radio song. I tried to be positive and excited as to not disturb someone with my attitude. Especially Jacqueline.