Chapter 47: The End?

Start from the beginning

-

Meanwhile on the outside.
The men who survived the battle of the monster castle place all published reports about how monsters aren't actually that bad, for which they were prosecuted for hate speech and monstertionalism, taking the sides of the beings that took so many human lives.

Those men were swiftly freed from their prisons however.

A flaming blue bird swept the world rescuing the sources for the anti-man messaging, and were delivered to Serenity, lord of monsters.

At the time she spoke with the head figure of men at Meningten MC, president of all Men and declared the following.

"Monsters took men lives. Men took Monster lives. We are done. I will create a utopia within the depths of the ocean. Anyone who dares to get close shall experience what it feels like to melt like snow in the sun. You shall never see us ever again."

Serenity came to the conclusion that Monsters and Men were unable to coexist.
Not because men wouldn't accept them, but because Serenity knew all too well that she could not fully and truly control her army of Beasts.

Her desire for a place of tranquility was taken from her by stronger men, like Smart-man. He left her there to come up with something like this. And so she did.

The blue sun delivered the anti-man messengers to Serenity and so she spoke to them.

"You shall come with us. There are some experiments I want to conduct to find a way to make Men immune to our radioactive radioactivity. What do you say?" She asked.

All the men were on board.
"The world of men has rejected us.. we will gladly come with you."
I-don't-know-man said.

One man was left behind.

Random-man.

He never made his findings public so he was spared.
However, he also believed in the monster's good nature and would slowly spread his beliefs over the years and create a small group of people that would never forget them.

The sun continued to roam the skies, awaiting its parent's return.

Occasionally normal men would see a shining blue bird above the clouds and a certain religion was formed.

-

Back in hell.

The men were walking around for what felt like an eternity.

They never felt as if they needed to eat, drink or sleep, just a constant feeling of exhaustion that wouldn't leave them even if they tried to rest.

"Why did we have to end up in hell..."
Some-man asked.

"This is no hell..."
Smart-man answered the rhetorical question.
"It's the void.. but infinite.. there is no echo and it's burning.. I guess you are correct after all, sorry."

Smart-man often glanced over to the men he cared about.
His mother was right beside him, and idiot-man was helping her family.
"At least we are together again.."
Idiot-man's mother said with a tired smile.
"You really became strong..."
Idiot-man's father said to his daughter.
"Kay thanks!"
Idiot-man said with a smile.
"So grandpa, how come you are here too?"
She asked her grandfather who was supporting himself on his granddaughters shoulder.
"A monster blew up the hospital I was staying at. Go figure."
He said.
"Have you tried dodging?"
Idiot-man asked jokingly.
"Kekekek!"
The idiot-man kekked in glee.

Looking at them helped the other men forget about their own exhaustion and it kept going for many more years.

One day an angel descended and landed in front of them. It had wings that were three times the size of any grown man and it wore a burning crown. It's appearance was obscenely blinding and the heat around the men seemed as if it had become a lot more intense.

The white clad angel, tinged in flames spoke:

"Thou hath journeyed far. The tools thou seeketh are no longer within this realm. They took on minds of their own and attempt to rebel against my rule."

"I don't care."
Smart-man said.

"If thou seeketh freedom of this purgatory, thou shall do as I demand. If thou promise to find and kill the gods of the new world, I shall open a path for you lot."
The angel explained.

"Yeah sure, open up."
Smart-man demanded.

He seemingly agreed in a heartbeat and a portal opened.

The men started to flood through.

"This is no ordinary portal. I am making use of one of the abilities the tools once possessed as they are now with me. You shall live the lives of the unborn. Lives that should have extinguished, but will be given life anew with thy souls."

The men vanished one after another, until only smart-man was left.

As the one who agreed, the angel gave him a warning.

"If thou breaketh thy promise to me, you shall experience true hell."

Smart-man brushed off the angles grasp on his shoulder and walked through the portal.

"As if I care about what happens to me."

And so the beginning of something new came to be.

On the outside world technology had regressed.

The only one left with knowledge of a modern era was a lonesome wanderer with a blue explosion of hair on his head, clad in a blue aura.