Chapter 30: Revelation-man

"When you fulfilled your purpose, you are sent to the trashcan of our masters. You men would refer to it as "the void".

It is filled with the remnants of past civilizations, technology and life.

A place of death with no escape.

If you plan to disobey your narrator, you will surely be sent there.

I sense a certain determination within you, so I will leave you with these words:

If you ever find yourself there, find the truth for yourself. It has to be there, somewhere. The reason why we must take each other's lives."

After hearing those words, smart-man left in a flash.

Serenity flashbacked back to that time she last talked to him and left these words for him to remember.

The words that now drive him forwards.

Serenity slowly placed the wounded father of idiot-man on the ground.

He was gasping for air but still, his gaze was fixated on his daughter.

Despite her looking completely cold hearted with her arm covered in his blood, he still wished for her to return to the way she was before they parted ways.

"Forgive-man me.. us..."
He muttered.
A tear ran down idiot-man's face, past her cheeks as if she was still alive.

Idiot-man's mother ran up to him unable to mutter a word in shock.

His vision grew more and more blurry until only the dark remained.

With a smile, his hand lowered and his life was lost.

"No... my husband-man... NO!!!!"
Idiot-man's mother held her husband in her arms, clinging tightly as if to try and keep him there for just a little longer.

Basic-man stood there stunned, as was everyone else.

Idiot-man swung her arm as if to get rid of the blood on her right arm.
This created a red crescent shaped half circle on the ground and immediately after, she rushed towards the boss monster, intending to take another life.

This time someone else jumped in between the man and the monster.

A man.
The man thought that idiot-man's father could have tried to escape Serenity's grasp and thus didn't place any blame on her, the boss monster.
He also didn't blame idiot-man as she was clearly not in her right mind.

He knew that the most important thing to do right now was to protect serenity before the time was right for her to get killed properly.

He didn't know about the narrative, or the truth, but he had a feeling.
A sudden urge to risk his life to do what he thought was right.

Did you make him do this?

"Yeah, random-man is one great asset-man so he was the best choice-man.. if only I got here faster-man.. I could have saved him.."

If your plan succeeds then this is a small price to pay, don't you think?

Smart-man averted his gaze.

It was random-man that was caught in between the man and the monster.

His robust body enabled him to not immediately get impaled, but still her arm traveled through enough skin layers to let his blood flow.

"Stop-man this now! Aren't you on our side-man?"
Random-man pled.

But idiot-man couldn't hear him.

How will you save them?

He averted his gaze once more.

You could just go and save them yourself. Tell me what is keeping you here?