Chapter 21: The True Narrator-man

Back at the hideout between realities, smart-man was leaning against the tube of the teleportation tube.

He looked very disturbed but a glimmer of determination flickered in his eyes and he composed himself.

"Where is she..."
He thought.

He slowly made his way to the other side of the room towards the door which lead to the main hall of the narrator-man university between realities.

He opened it.

What he found was a black void.

"Ahh!"
He nearly fell through.
His voice echoed within the void.

"Are there wall-men in here?"
For his voice to bounce back at him there needed to be something within that void.

He felt that if there were no walls, maybe something was lurking within this pure darkness.

But then he blinked and in front of him was the usual hallway he expected to see.

"What... is that what you meant, Serenity-man?"
He looked around and made sure no one was going to see him walk around.

"If what she said is true-man.."

As smart-man made his way to the universities principal office, he recollects his conversation with the boss monster-man known as Serenity.

-

"Nice-man to meet you.. I guess-man."
The two got their introductions out of the way.

"So what about the narrator-man? Do you mean he is your boss-man?"
Smart-man asked, trying to confirm his suspicion.

"Not exactly."
She said.
"They are the bridge to our true masters."

The boss monster takes a good look at smart-man and noticed something.

"Are you alright?"
A green tint was slowly creeping up his neck. From his full-body costume it was hard to determine how far this green color had already spread.

"Looks like you are running on a time limit."

He nodded.

"Its a miracle that you are even conscious. Most other men would have given in to the zombification at the stage you are at right now."

In his mind he knew that idiot-man's presence gave him the determination needed to hold his condition off, but not anymore.

"I used to travel-man with someone.. but she's gone-man now.. it's thanks to her that I can stand-man here right now."
He said with determination clearly flickering in his eyes.

"Where is she now?"
The monster rudely asked.

"I told-man you... she's gone-man.. do you not know-man what that means?"
He frustratingly answered.

The monster shook her head.
"Remember how I told you that the hero before you had blood on his hands?"

Smart-man began to understand.

"It was.. his comrad-men's blood-men.."
He surmised.

"Indeed.."

He glanced over to basic-man.

"He was forced to kill the once he loved the most, just as the truth had foretold."

"WHAT?!"
He stared at her square in the face.
He thought he had misheard.

"The narrator-men enjoy having a tragic hero fighting for humanity."

Realization kicked in.

"You two men are the ones to give this world-man hope-man."
He remembered narrator-man's words.