Wedding Bells and Barcelona

Previously in Little O'Connor...

Carter walks into the room fuming and slams the door shut. "Axel. Keep the car started." Axel nods quickly leaving the room. Carter rushes grabbing our bags. "What's going on?" He started throwing all our things in them. "We're leaving." I stand there confused. "Carter." He doesn't say anything and continues to pack. I grab his arm gently. "Carter...we're going home?" I ask. He finally turns to me and his eyes soften seeing my worried ones. "I'm sorry flower. We can't go home right now. It'll be too predictable." I look at him tearing up a little. "But...Brian, the family." He grabs my shoulders and rubs them. "I called them...they will all be meeting up with us here, they should be here by tonight. Los Angeles is no longer safe. Not even the Bunker." He caresses my face.

"Where are we going if we can't go home?" I question.

"We're going to Barcelona." He grabs my left hand and slips a beautiful ring on my ring finger. "But first...we are going down to the cathedral tomorrow morning...and I am marrying you."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarah stood there as she tried to process what Carter had announced to her. She felt as if her feet had been knocked off the ground at his sudden proclamation of marriage. "What?" She manages to speak out as he continues to pack. "I am marrying you tomorrow morning. I have already spoken to your brother." She stopped Carter again and turned him towards her. "We can't just get married all of a sudden Carter! What is going on with you?!" She started to pace looking at the diamond and sapphire ring on her finger. "Why not? We love each other. Right?" She stopped and looked at him. "Yes, we love each other. But Dante is coming! This isn't the time to get married!" She let out a frustrated groan and started to pace again.

"Then that's more than a good reason to get married!" Sarah shook her head muttering to herself. "I feel like I'm gonna pass out." Carter grabbed her shoulders stopping her. "Do you not want to marry me?" Sarah peered up at him through her lashes. "I do! I just didn't think it would be like this." She sighed. "I wanted to plan a wedding, I wanted to have a small planned wedding with people we love. I wanted to be able to not worry about Dante killing us! I wanted it to be where we wouldn't have to run." Carter rubbed her arms as tears started to flow from her eyes. "You have no idea how much I wanna marry you. I just didn't think it would be this sudden." She whispered. He lifted her chin so she looked at him. "Look into my eyes and tell me what you see." He said softly. She searched his eyes and relaxed under his gaze. "Comfort, love, and... home." Carter nodded. "I want to be able to have that with you and I know I will regret it if I don't marry you sooner with everything going on." He said resting his chin on her head as he hugged her. "What if I lose you?" She whispered holding him close. "I won't let that happen...I will fight my way back to you." He pulled away placing a small kiss on her lips.

Sarah pondered for a few minutes before speaking up again. "Let's do it...let's get married." Carter pulled her in for another slow kiss. Sarah threaded her hand through his hand as she kissed him. They pulled away, sharing one last embrace. "Come. We are going to a safe house far from the city." Carter grabbed their bags as Sarah double-checked the room for anything. They walked out of the hotel and quickly got in the car. "Axel, you know where to go."

Carter's POV

I looked over at Sarah who was playing with the ring on her finger, lost in her thoughts. I don't know what made me make the decision to get married so abruptly, was it the thought of losing her? Or the need to protect her? I just know I needed to. Brian was hesitant, but I didn't have to convince him, which surprised me, given how protective he was of her. I bought the ring the same day I got the necklace from her at the old man's shop. I just wanted to propose way down the line, but it seems that may not be an option as we were running and trying to find the best way to take down that monster. "Carter?" I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard her voice, my girl's voice. "Are you okay?" She asked, concern etched in her eyes. I nodded smiling lightly. "Yes. Don't worry." She nodded scooting closer to me. "It's scary...isn't it?" I looked at her confused. "Our lives." She looked at me. "We don't know what will happen next... every day we anticipate something. When something calms down, a new issue arises." I nodded in agreement. "Which is what led you to make the decision of marrying me now...isn't it?" I looked down before nodding. "Yes...why wait? Our lives are always full of adrenaline, running, fighting...I didn't want to wait till something happened to one of us." She took my hand in hers and kissed my knuckles. "You're right." I looked over at her surprised. "I thought about it...I know I went crazy earlier over the idea...but you're right." I let her rest her head on my chest and kept my arm wrapped around her waist. "The ring...I remember seeing it at the shop. What made you get it?" I smiled turning her hand over and looked at the sapphire and diamond ring. "Well...I felt like it was your style, beautiful, delicate, and one-of-a-kind. Yet to me it also symbolized strength." I ran my thumb over it gently. "I knew I would never see it again if I didn't get it then...I'm glad I did." She smiled lightly.