The Near Downfall of Dante

Previously on Little O'Connor...

"Let's just get back to the plan." She mumbles. Roman clears his throat as Brian walks into the bunker. "Sorry I'm late." He pauses looking at Sarah's bloody knuckles as she's wiping them with a rag Tej tossed to her. "Don't ask." She says looking at him. "Okay, so the plan." Brian says walking over with a map. "We now know where Dante is hiding and has his set up, thanks to Ramsey." Ramsey nods at him. "I say we start here." Sarah says pointing at Los Angeles. "Dante is unpredictable, right? But he knows we will choose to go head-on. So, why not trick him, and be unpredictable ourselves." I nod impressed by the idea. "We play his game." I say as she nods in agreement. "Clubs and bars are places he would choose to go to party." She says circling the bars and clubs on the map near the location. "And where are the most exclusive bars and clubs?" She says looking at the team. "Los Angeles." Brian says. "Exactly, he expects us to go to Irvine." Roman nods.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarah sits watching Carter make some lunch for her, Han, and himself. "This is a traditional English lunch." Carter says placing the plates down in front of them. "Roast beef with Yorkshire pudding." Sarah watches eagerly as he pours the gravy on top for her. "This looks amazing!" She exclaims grabbing her fork and knife. Han takes a bite and nods in approval. "Well damn, Alvarez!" Carter chuckles taking a seat and watches as Sarah takes her first bite. She groans, leaning back in her chair and closing her eyes in delight. "Carter...I will literally have you make this every week now." Her phone rings as she's about to take another bite.

"Hey Bri, What's up?" Carter watches her upbeat expression get replaced with a serious one. "Tonight?" She looks at Carter and Han. "Are you sure?" She sighs slightly nervous. "Okay, we'll be ready. I love you." She hangs up and looks at them. "The plan initiates tonight." Han tenses slightly at the news. "Are you sure we're ready?" Carter sighs. "I don't know...but it's s chance we have to take. It's only a matter of time before he discovers the bunker." Sarah clears her throat. Her hands were now shaky from the anxiety and fear pulsing through her veins.

Carter's POV

I watched Sarah's hand tremble slightly as she spoons another bite into her mouth at lunch earlier. We were all on edge of the idea of finally taking on Dante tonight. I sat on the edge of the bed waiting for her to come back from getting extra supplies. She enters the room dropping the bag and remaining dead silent. "My love, come here." I hold my hand out for her. She takes it as I have her stand in between my legs. "Whatever happens tonight..." She starts off finally looking at me in my eyes. "You promise me you will run in the other direction. You will move on." I look at her in shock. "Baby, we are going to this together." She sighs. "Carter, this is a war. Dante is capable of anything." I shake my head. "When the time comes we will see then." She caresses my cheeks in her hand as if she's taking in my face one last time. "No goodbyes." I whisper pulling her closer to me to rest my forehead on hers. "We will always come back to each other. I know we will." Sarah smiles lightly.

She kisses me softly and slowly. I pull her into my lap deepening the kiss. We keep ourselves from pulling away as if we are holding on to each other one last time. Truth is I was afraid, afraid of what will happen. I wanted to keep her close and protect her. I wanted to get away from all of this. Take her someplace safe. But that wasn't an option. Dante would find us no matter how fast or far we run. We pull away from the kiss when we are interrupted by Han. "Sorry...Carter your guys are here." I sigh as Sarah gets up. "Is it already almost time?" She nods looking at the time. "You should go get ready." She says as I walk out. 

I put on my suit and walk out to greet my men. Jesse nods at me. "Hey boss..." He smiles lightly, worries evident in his eyes. "Everything is ready?" Zack nods holding out the earpieces we would need to communicate. We all get into a deep conversation about the plan that we don't notice Sarah walk out. Jesse pauses in the middle of his statement. "Woah..." I furrow my brow confused and look behind me. My breath gets caught in my throat as I fall in love all over again with this woman. There she was standing there in a full black dress. Her leg was exposed, her neckline so deep you could see part of her cleavage. The dress hugged her waist but was flowing to her ankles. "You boys ready?" She says as she holsters her gun and knife in the holster on her leg. We all stand there speechless. Jesse nods slightly in response. "Okay good." I notice her solemn expression as she walks over to me. "We are all taking separate cars." She hands us the keys to each vehicle. Han and Giselle enter grabbing their things.