Carter's Rival

Previously in Little O'Connor...

"Carter! You really didn't have to!" I shake my head. "I saw how you admired it and I and the old man came to an agreement that it would look good around your beautiful neck." I wink. She quickly gets up and tackles me in a hug. "Thank you." She exclaims hopping a little in my arms before kissing me. "Only the best for you." I mumble against her lips as she pulls away. She sits me down and sits in my lap holding out a sandwich for me. "Eat." I smile taking it from her and taking a bite.

I sigh in contentment watching her talk about her life and how crazy some of her races got.

For the first time in my life. I am truly happy. It scares me.

The photo above shows the inside of Ely Cathedral.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarah's POV

I shift around in the bed when I feel the lack of warmth that was being provided by Carter's body. I feel around with my arm and open my eyes, to see the bed empty. I pick up the note left on his pillow and read it. 

'Had a meeting about my businesses with the Mafia. Didn't want to wake you. Will be back soon. x.'

I groan rubbing my face before getting up. "Might as well go get something to eat." I mumble to myself looking at the time. "Shit...it's 3 o'clock. Jet lag's really taking a toll." I head to the bathroom and hop in for a quick shower. The water quickly wakes me up and I feel energy surge through me. I slip on my tight black tank top and tuck it into my black skinny jeans. I pair it with my leather jacket and heeled combat boots. "Okay, food time." I grab my phone, wallet, and my book, walking out of our room. I wave at the receptionist. "Hi! I'll be back soon. Just going to grab coffee and some food. I already texted Carter. But let him know just in case." She nods at me as I walk out and head to a small restaurant nearby. "Good afternoon! How can we help you?" I smile nodding at the waiter. "Just a table for one." He nods grabbing a menu and leading me to a small table. "I'll be back to take your order." I take a seat and pick out something from the menu. "I'll have the Jacket potato with a salad on the side and a cup of black coffee with sugar." The waiter nods. "We'll have the out for you soon." I open up my book, leaning back in my chair, and start reading. I keep reading as the food comes and eat as I read. "Damn...James shouldn't have gone." I mumble to myself shaking my head at the books character. With all my attention on the book, I don't realize that someone has sat across from me uninvited. "Why hello there, nice to see you again." I finally snap my eyes up at the familiar voice. "What the hell are you doing here Robert?" He smirks shrugging. 

"I was having lunch here beautiful. I spotted you from across the room." He winks. I make a disgusted face and look back at my book. "Where is your boyfriend?" He asks pushing my book down. "None of your business. Now can you leave so I can read?" I huff slamming the book down, looking at him. He laughs. "Well, I have those eyes on me now." He grins licking his lips. "Tell me, how does an American like you end up with a Mafia kingpin like Carter Alvarez?" He asks looking at me intensely. I lean forward. "You wanna know a secret?' I whisper as he leans in closer curious. "It's none of your business." I grin leaning back. "Why do you even care Ace?" I question him. "Seems hard to believe a smart girl like you would end up with a womanizer like him." He shrugs, clearly bothered by my attitude toward him. "An untamed woman at that." He grits through his teeth. I just get up, taking the last sip of my coffee. "Bye, Robert." I grab my book and start walking out, but he follows me out. "Come on now, I'm just trying to get to know you, Sarah." I walk in the opposite direction from the hotel. "No, you're trying to get to know about Carter. I'm not stupid you dumbass." I start to notice two more men following close behind us. "Seriously Robert. You need to leave." I respond stopping abruptly, looking at him. "And take your puppies with you." I nod towards his men. He smirks as they walk closer and surround me. "I don't think we will. See I want to take Carter's territory, and having you as my 'guest' will have him convinced. I cough out a laugh. "You wanna kidnap me? I'd like to see you try." I roll my eyes as his men get out their guns. "Aww...what are you gonna do? Shoot me." I laugh in his face. He turns red from anger. "Grab her." I sigh as they charge at me. I quickly dodge both of them, grabbing one of them in an arm lock. I grab his gun and point it at them. "One move...and I snap his neck." Robert stares in disbelief keeping his gun on me. I scoff and shoot his other guy in the leg.