chapter 22: justice?

Start from the beginning

my love nezuko
^^ im so sorry

~

A small knock.

You perked up at the spund and moved to your door, opening it and holding back a gasp at the person in your doorway.

"Muichiro?" You cocked your head to the side. "What are you doing here?"

But he just walked in and flopped onto your futon.

A tinge of annoyance had your eye twitching before you sighed and sat down next to him. "Are you alright? Do you need me to get you anything?"

Silence.

"They put me on another diet." He spoke. "I'm allowed to eat food now. Withdrawal is really shitty, though."

You hummed. "That's good. Are the side effects hitting you too hard?"

"No." He curtly replied. "I just feel like I don't deserve it. To eat, I mean."

How could he be so selfless and uncaring towards himself? He'd already been through so much.

"Well, I think you should." You laid down. "If you didn't deserve it, then none of us wouldn't have gone out of our way to do this for you. But, you do deserve better."

You both laid on your backs, the ceiling being the only thing you were looking at.

"I didn't really do much." He said. "I don't know why I'd deserve all this care."

"Well... for starters..."

Taking his hand in yours, Muichiro's breath hitched as you stared at him with kind e/c eyes.

"You always put others before yourself." He stared at you with wide and glimmering mint eyes. "You comforted me, protected me, fed me, and are the reason I'm not being terrorized by Douma right now."

Despite his lingering gaze, you still stared up at the ceiling. Tracing each inconsistency in the paint with your eyes kept your mind occupied.

Skinny arms wrapped around you. "You aren't lying to me, right?"

You shifted on the futon to turn your body towards him as you wrapped a loose arm over him.

"I promise."

Muichiro's lips curled into a sweet smile. One with a familiar child-like innocence you couldn't put your finger on.

"For some reason, I feel kind of obligated to kiss you right now..." His arm moved off of you, instead moving to push a loose strand of your hair behind your ear. "It's weird."

You couldn't help but feel the same. It was as if a gravitational force was pulling you closer to him. As you both sat up, you took his hands in yours and wrapped them around you like a blanket. His right arm was now placed loosely on your waist as the other held the back of your head.

"Like this." You whispered. "Don't get me wrong, I like when you're rough with it. But sometimes it feels better to be just slow and romantic."