C13: The Former ML

Behind Chuhua Entertainment is Chuhua Group, which has a close partnership with Q Factory. The nine-member girl group from "Idol New Power" will most likely be managed by Chuhua Entertainment after their debut. Therefore, Chuhua naturally wants to promote their own talents as much as possible. However, the current hot topics and trending popularity of the show have all been taken over by Shen Qi. Naturally, Chuhua Entertainment is not content. They have already tried to discredit Shen Qi across the entire internet, and now they are directly maneuvering within the upper echelons of Q Factory.

The CEO of Chuhua, Chu Hanyu, is the one who purchased the role of the previous male lead from the He family twenty years ago.

Back then, Shen Qi's task was to drive away the supporting female character who was trying to seize the protagonist's luck in the novel. To save herself some trouble, she stomped down the emerging female character before the plot had even progressed much. As a result, she didn't interact much with the male lead. Instead, due to her lack of tasks later on, she ended up gathering a bunch of supporting actors like He San to become her underlings. She had a glorious time dominating the campus.

Unexpectedly, after all these years, this person is still the same – using all means necessary, making decisions on his own, and sticking to the old "overbearing CEO" persona... Tsk.

Shen Qi summoned the system in her mind: "Little Assistant, check whether Chu Hanyu's luck is still intact."

It's been over twenty years, Chu Hanyu must be around fifty now, right? The male lead halo should have long expired.

System: "Confirming detection, Chu Hanyu's halo has disappeared. However..."

"However, what?"

System: "The halo is still within the Chu family, currently seems to be on his son, Chu Shaoheng."

Shen Qi:...

And this thing is passed on through inheritance?

She forgot, the male lead's preferences had always been heavy, favoring the domineering CEO style. Now that Old Chu has aged, he's set his sights on Young Chu.

"Is Chu Shaoheng the person in charge of Chuhua Entertainment?" She heard that Chu Hua Entertainment was a test run by the CEO for his son. Therefore, this was likely the son's operation, and the hasty Old Chu was dissatisfied, so he took matters into his own hands.

System: "Yes, but according to the system's detection, although the halo is on Chu Shaoheng, it's not bound. It seems as if... a satisfactory owner has not been found yet."

Shen Qi waved her hand: "No problem."

It's only been twenty years, how could there be another luck-enabled child so soon? After all, Old Chu is no longer the male lead, which means he no longer has the protection of the task mechanism – what's there to wait for?

Bearing grudges, repaying grievances... get him!

Within Chu Hua Group, Chu Hanyu had just finished a board meeting when his secretary entered and informed him that his son had arrived.

Presumably, he came to inquire about matters concerning Chu Hua Entertainment.

Chu Hanyu waved his hand, and the secretary left. Not long after, Chu Shaoheng entered. The young man was handsome, with a sharp and proud demeanor between his brows, much like how Chu Hanyu looked in his youth. A standoff between father and son, a duel between the new and old generations of overbearing CEOs, brought a sudden chill to the atmosphere.

Chu Hanyu's wife passed away, and he was busy with work, neglecting his family. The father-son relationship was mediocre at best. This time, Chu Hanyu went over Chu Shaoheng's head to take action directly. Chu Shaoheng was obviously dissatisfied.