C12: New Center

Plagiarism in choreography is a tricky matter to define, but at least as far as the four dance sections that Shen Qi observed are concerned, it's indeed difficult to say for sure.

In any case, this is a thorny legal matter. Such things are common in the entertainment industry, and some are even more blatant, but most are handled discreetly out of the public eye. However, this situation is a bit different.

The opposing party started off very aggressively, pointing out sharply that the four dance sections in "Fascination" constituted plagiarism from an original dance classroom. They sent a legal letter, and actively incited their fans to make a scene on the official website, indicating that they didn't want to settle this quietly.

Furthermore, based on the opponent's online posts, this matter had been known since two weeks ago, when the demo was released on the official website of "Rising Idol Forces." The original author had already discovered it at that time. Why did it come to light nearly two weeks later, just when the contestants were almost done with the show?

Inevitably, this made He Beidi suspicious that it wasn't a coincidence.

Even if the plagiarism allegations concerning those four dance sections couldn't be cleared, the timing and manner of this matter were quite strange. The original author was foreign and didn't have much fame in China. So, where did the flood of domestic internet users come from on the official website? Were they righteous bystanders?

While plagiarism should be addressed, it was clear that there was manipulation behind the scenes, and the target was likely not the show itself, but the contestants from the "Fascination" group.

Seeing Shen Qi fall silent, He Beidi said in a solemn tone, "Don't worry. This matter doesn't only involve NA Entertainment. Other management companies are also implicated. We will discuss with the production team to come up with a reasonable solution. I called you to ensure that you have an understanding of the situation."

Shen Qi was a newcomer and hadn't officially debuted yet, so He Beidi hoped she would grasp her situation and not be led into trouble unknowingly.

"There's definitely someone pulling the strings behind this. Be vigilant and don't let yourself be manipulated," he advised.

"How might other companies respond?" Surprisingly, Shen Qi's tone was very calm.

"The worst-case scenario might be that the contestants won't be allowed to participate," He Beidi explained, "The company could use the excuse of protecting the artists' well-being and prevent them from performing, maybe by claiming they're 'sick.'"

Immediately after the first performance is the second round of elimination voting. Not participating in such a crucial event is akin to giving up one's opportunity. After all, following the first performance, only less than 60% of the 100 contestants would remain.

"It won't be that severe," He Beidi reassured her. "For newcomers like you, this show is a rare opportunity. Don't worry too much."

"I understand. I'll figure something out," Shen Qi said before hanging up the phone.

On the other end of the line, He Beidi thought, "???"

He had called to console his artist and tell her not to worry, that the company would support her. Instead, she responded saying she would figure something out... well, his artist was quite straightforward.

Early the next morning, Shen Qi and Shen Yuan arrived at the practice room, and the other four members were there as well.

The cameras weren't rolling yet, and Zhou Xinlei's expression was serious. "You're all aware of the situation. I want to hear your opinions."