chapter sixty-five

Start from the beginning

Carina raised her hand slightly, lifting five stormtroopers into the air— slowly closing their trachea's causing them to thrash mid-air. She was quick to slam all five into the wall harshly, the impact leaving a rather large dent.

Luke returned the blaster shots fired, successfully taking out the last soldier before they rushed down. Carina felt her heartrate pick up as the sight of her husbands meditation chamber came into view. The brunette quickly clicked the keypad, the door sliding open for her before she ran in— her eyes running over every crevice of the room before they landed on the desk.

Her weapon was perched upon it, looking recently cleaned too.

Algora extended her hand, her saber flying right into her grasp while she was already turning on her heel to walk out while Luke stood by the door. "Got it?" the boy gave her a sideways glance with his weapon still in hand.

Carina raised her saber, "Yup."

Marching caught the attention of the mother and son, looking down the illuminated halls to see more troops rushing after them.

Luke glanced over at his mother, "After you."

Carina smiled widely, her ember saber igniting at her side before she spun it in her grasp, "My pleasure."

The woman spun her weapon quickly, swiftly dodging every blaster shot with much ease. The brunette inched closer with her child right at her side, slashing his blue saber away. Carina got close enough to cut her weapon through one trooper before jamming the metal handle into the others head— knocking them unconscious.

Luke continued on bouncing the shots fired off his saber and back towards the soldier. Carina extended her hand, sending the crowd of troops tumbling back down the hall before turning to the corridor at their left.

Algora pursed her lips, a familiar sensation rippling through her entire body. He was looking for her. Her footsteps suddenly slowed— her body seeming to have a mind of its own before looking down the other way of the hall. Why she was feeling conflicted at any level about leaving was beginning to make her question her sanity.

Luke noticed his mother come to a halt and peered back at her, his eyes curious as she stared into the empty corridor. "Carina?"

The brunette reluctantly pulled her eyes away from the vast space and back onto her son. The blonde tilted his head slightly, "What's wrong?"

Algora cast her gaze downwards, her hands clenched at her sides. She let out a heavy breath, forcing her mind to shove all thoughts of her husband away— she had to go.

Luke blinked, severely lost as to why he could feel the conflict radiating off of his mother. He doubted she actually wanted to stay, that couldn't be... right?

Carina lifted her eyes before shaking her head, continuing to walk the way they were going. "Let's get off this kriffing ship."

The blonde male walked down the corridors, two squadrons on his heels as well. He had gotten notified about a suspicious ship docking in the hangar minutes before the alarms would begin flaring, letting all know it was an intruder.

Not even a full minute later he was informed that Carina was making her way for an escape, not that he was surprised about that one.

He didn't understand it, but he didn't even want to bother going after her. He knew sooner or later Carina would make her way out of her prison and back to the rebels. He knew that.

Anakin let out a heavy exhale when an Admiral quickly approached his while bowing slightly. "My Lord, the Jedi has help."

He tilted his head, "Who?"

"We believe it is Skywalker, Lord Vader."

The blonde didn't like the feeling that churned within him upon hearing Vader, odd. He only nodded in understanding before speaking, "Alert your men that neither of them are to be shot at."

The Admiral blinked, "But... my Lord, surely we must take any and all necessary methods to make sure neither of them escape our grasps."

Anakin felt that familiar burning anger bubbling within him, he recognized the feeling all too well, "Admiral," the man took a step forward, the air having grown significantly thicker, "Did you not hear me the first time? We both know I don't appreciate being made to repeat myself."

The officer swallowed audibly, his shoulder tense with his hands trembling at his sides before bowing his head in understand, "Of course, my Lord."

The blonde raised his chin slightly, making his way around the Admiral before continuing on his way to the hangar he figured his wife was already in. The doors slide open, his footsteps bouncing off the walls as his eyes caught sight of one of his starfighters starting up.

The glimpse of an ember light was quick to grab his attention, gazing at Carina who was slashing her way through troops while he guessed Luke started up the fighter. The man felt the stormtroopers that stood behind him ready their blasters, aiming to shoot.

The blonde's mind spun, still debating just what he should do. He didn't know what to do, but the second a shot suddenly inched way too close to Carina for his comfort— he reacted.

Every trooper in the hangar suddenly stilled, their body no longer in control of itself.

Anakin watched Carina's gaze slowly slide over to his, the glimmer in her eyes catching him off-guard— it was almost... soft. No, that couldn't be it— he was beginning to hallucinate again. Carina would never look at him the way she once did ever again. That was a fact.

The man held the soldiers in their place easily with his mind, unable to take his gaze away from his wife who seemed to be having the same difficulties.

Carina slowly inched backwards, towards the fighter that was ready for take off. He nodded his head almost unnoticeably, his chest tightening with the expression that caressed Algora's features.

He watched as she abruptly turned away, quickly climbing in the ship before it took off within the next blink of an eye. The male stood still, finally releasing the troops to which they stumbled forward as soon as he did.

The blonde could feel the presence of the Admiral appear behind him, and he already knew what the daft man was going to say, "Anything wise to say, Admiral?" His voice sounded anything but pleased.

Anakin heard the man shuffle on his feet, "No," he forced out, "No, my Lord."

A smile pulled at his lips, "Good." he turned, facing the officer who seemed to be fusing, but he was wiser than to voice his opinions out loud, "No one will follow that ship."

The Admiral looked as if he'd been slapped. Tempting, the blonde thought.

"But—"

A long heavy exhale cut him off, a warning. Perhaps the last one he'd ever receive. The officer fell silent not even a second later, bowing in understanding before quickly taking his leave followed by the stormtroopers.

The blonde slowly turned back around to where the ship Carina had just boarded was. Hating the way her force signature got farther and farther with every passing moment. He'd grown so used to knowing and feeling just how near she was.

The past few months spun in the man's mind, everything that occurred imprinting itself into his thoughts. Everything that had been confusing him and causing conflict suddenly calmed, for the first time in decades... something made sense.

There was no turning back now.

AUTHORS NOTE,
FINALLY OMG, im done with this act actually done i cannot.