chapter sixty-five

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

❝ i know what i have to do. ❞

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

CARINA SLOWLY exhaled, her body's lightness feeling foreign to her as she along with Obi-Wan who was at her side, cruised through the vast space.

The Jedi Knight pursed her lips, the pair beginning to close in on the lone separatist frigate. Her friend reached the panel near the entry gate, the doors opening before they quickly hopped inside.

Carina was quick to deactivate her suit, taking a deep breath before rolling her shoulders back, "I'll never get used to that."

Kenobi's lips quirked up slightly in amusement before they quietly began to tread down the hall, their cautiousness growing upon seeing three battle droids stationed at the control panel before one of them opened the door to the cells.

Algora quickly moved, sliding into the entrance followed by Obi-Wan. "He's going to jump us."

"Oh, one-hundred percent."

Carina tuned into her surroundings, allowing her mind to lead her to where Anakin was being held. Obi-Wan was just about to open the wrong cell as she called out, "Over here."

Kenobi followed her lead as the Jedi Knight opened the cell, the pair walking inside when he felt a figure loom behind them from above. Obi-Wan swiftly turned while igniting his lightsaber just as Anakin leapt down, "Oh, it's you."

Carina smiled over at Kenobi, "We're always right."

"This is how you thank me for rescuing you? Pounce on me from the ceiling?" Kenobi grinned while clipping his weapon back into his utility belt. Anakin huffed, "Kinda difficult without a..." he trailed off before looking at Carina who was holding out her husband's saber for him to take.

The blonde Skywalker smiled at her, "Lightsaber. Thank you, Ina." Kenobi gave his old padawan a look, "Did you manage to locate Dooku before landing in jail?"

"I know he's on board," Anakin began, the three beginning to walk into the hall before he continued, "Might have been able to do something about it if I'd had my weapon."

Carina held amusement in her eyes as Obi-Wan calmly replied, "It was important for you to arrive without it, so your capture would look convincing."

"Oh, they were convinced, all right." Skywalker snarked back while they treaded down the corridor, "But how come I'm the one getting caught all the time? It doesn't look good."

"And yet you manage." Carina grinned to which Anakin shook his head. Kenobi didn't bother looking back at the two before replying, "When you're a Jedi Master, you can make the plan."