chapter fifty-nine

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

❝  but i don't know you, no matter
how much i thought i did. ❞

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

CARINA STARED UP AT the white ceiling, her hands folded while splayed across her abdomen. Soft breaths escaped her tainted lips, blinking slowly before tipping her head up slightly to gaze out the window.

Her eyes roamed over the glimmering stars and planets lingering in the distance. Her gaze lingered there for a second too long before she reached into the hidden pocket of her jacket, unzipping it to pull something out.

The mothers eyes went to ring in her hand, twirling it in between fingers as the gem shone in the light. Her wedding ring. Something that possessed such a great piece of her heart. No matter how many times she'd attempted to part with it— she simply couldn't.

She blinked at the jewelry, ignoring the way her heart tightened in her chest. The brunette swallowed thickly before reaching over to place the ring upon her nightstand.

Carina ran her hands over her tired face, her head falling backwards into the pillows.

Algora exhaled heavily before her eyelids began to grow heavy, darkness consuming her.

Carina cut her ember lit saber through the vacant atmosphere, her heavy pants echoing through the training room whilst she focused on perfecting her form. She moved her feet, having half a mind to keep her foot work in check as she went into a defensive stance.

The brunette hadn't even noticed her husband having halted in his steps just as he had been walking by. His blue eyes trailing over her form whilst she trained.

Carina sliced her weapon upwards, spinning on her heel before twirling it in her hand to stab it backwards.

Anakin couldn't stop the smile that decorated his lips as he leaned against the beam. He could stay watching her for hours and never for a second get bored.

Algora panted heavily, her movements slowing down before turning her head to see her husband gazing at her intently.

A small smile immediately tugged on the brunette's lips. She shut off her saber before taking off in a slight run, watching the blondes arms open to receive her. The two held each other tightly, engulfing the other.

Carina nuzzled her head into the crook of his neck, "You're back early."

Anakin tightened his grip on her waist, pressing a chaste kiss to the crown of her head. "Our mission was cut short."