chapter sixty

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

❝ and id thought you were changing,
but it's always me who's the fool. ❞

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

CARINA SHUFFLED IN HER covers, a slight grown slipping past her lips while her eyes slowly began to blink open.

The brunette felt a chill run up her spine, someone was in the room. Algora jolted up in her place, her honey eyes immediately scanning the room before they landed on Vader's figure who was on the armchair across from her.

Carina slouched back slightly before tilting her head at him, she took in his paced breathing and how his head was barely tipped upwards. He was asleep.

The mother couldn't help the twinge of amusement she felt upon the scene laid out before her. Carina rubbed her tired eyes before swinging her legs around the bed to stand.

She tossed a look over to the sleeping man before reaching for a clean pair of pants along with a grey long sleeve in the closest she'd been given.

Carina wondered where Vader had managed to acquire the clothes but decided against questioning. They fit her perfectly and were just to her liking, just as Darth Vader knew it.

She headed into the bathroom, giving herself a quick shower before changing into the clothes she'd chosen. The woman walked back out to see the Sith Lord wide awake, his tall figure looming over the window that showed the stars and planets that currently surrounded them.

Carina's movements slowed slightly, watching him for a moment before shuffling in her place. Vader immediately turned, his masked eyes meeting hers.

"Why were you here?" Algora's voice cut through the deafening silence, voicing her question.

Vader didn't need to ask to know what she was referring to. In all honesty, he had the same question for himself. He hadn't planned on visiting his wife while she was asleep— much less falling asleep while doing so.

The man had done too much thinking the night before, his wife's words echoing through his mind the second she'd said them.

Their last argument wouldn't leave his mind, it was on a never ending repeat. So, without even realizing he sought her out. Her presence, her.

"I was thinking about what you told me." The male decided to truthfully say. Carina furrowed her brows, "Which would be?" She'd said quite a lot to him over the four months she'd been taken, she needed him to be a little more specific.