chapter sixty-five

Start from the beginning

Skywalker narrowed his eyes slightly while placing his hands on his hips, "That's just it, how can I become a Jedi Master if I'm always getting caught?"

Carina tossed a glance over at him, "If anyone can achieve that, it would be you."

Obi-Wan no longer tried to mask his amusement, "At least you're a Master... at getting caught."

"Very funny."

Carina's eyes snapped open, darkness surrounding her while a sigh fell from her parted lips. Algora pulled herself up on her bed, her dark locks falling over her shoulders whilst her mind still dwelled on the memory she had dreamed of.

A bittersweet feeling coursed through her, surprisingly. She was used to feeling only pain whenever she thought of how life used to be for her, how simpler things seemed to be even if they were fighting a war.

She'd had both Obi-Wan and Anakin, that was all she needed for her life to be complete.

Carina closed her eyes, a smile tugging on her lips as she remembers when the three of them had gotten a tad too drunk only thanks to the lovely pirate, Hondo.

She pulled her legs over the edge of the bed, shuffling to tie on her boots when her mind continued to drift towards the sight of her husband. It seemed almost impossible to get him out of her thoughts lately. Dreadful was what it was.

Blue, his blue eyes had shocked her the most. They were no longer the blazing yellow she once saw them as. The brunette pulled herself up from the bed, moving to grab her brown leather jacket to shrug it on when the door to her chambers crashed open.

"Carina—" Young Luke quickly rasped out before yelping when he was suddenly sent flying back out the door to collide with the wall in the corridor.

Algora's brown eyes widened significantly at the sight of her son, "Luke?" her voice ushered, not quite believing the sight before her. "What are you doing here?"

Young Skywalker rubbed his head before slowly picking himself off the ground, "Ow," he murmured lowly, "Here to save you, I think."

Carina blinked before approaching her child, "How the rotting hell did you sneak on?" Luke shook his head slightly before responding, "On a stolen Imp ship."

The woman sighed heavily, "Of course."

"It's nice to see you too."

Carina didn't bother stopping the smile that spread onto her lips before pulling her son into a much needed hug. Luke was caught off guard at the gesture but was quick to melt into her hold before wrapping his own arms around her.

Algora pulled back, noticing how Luke was dressed in more formal robes. He looked like a Jedi Knight.

"I say we get out of here before they figure out I'm on board." Yet, the second the sentence had left the young Jedi's mouth, the alarms were flaring and troopers could be heard marching down the hall.

"Never mind."

Carina stifled in a laugh before Luke spoke again, "Let's get out of here." The blonde had begun to turn towards the corridor that would lead them to the hangar but his mother stopped him before he could, "Wait."

Luke looked back at the brunette with an incredulous expression, "What?"

"I need to grab my lightsaber," she quickly explained before beginning to run in the opposite direction, "This way."

Luke internally groaned before following after his mother.

The pair darted down the halls when a group of troopers could be seen heading straight for them. Luke was quick to pull out his lightsaber, igniting it before hurriedly beginning to deflect shots that were being fired right at them.