Ch. 21- Meet Rhys Fucking Volkner

Start from the beginning

When did you leave?

3 dancing dots appeared on the screen,

Good morning, sleepyhead.

I needed to come here within 8 so

I could not bid you goodbye.

But do not worry, I returned your kiss that you gracefully gave me last night.

I love you,

Do some shopping, and take John and Ju with you

I have left a credit card of mine with them,

Feel free to use it if you want.

No, I won't use it.

You already bought a dress worth my 4-year salary.

I saw my texts had been read, few seconds later 3 dots started to dance,

Kay, I want to spoil you.

It's okay if you don't use my card for now.

You can spoil yourself,

You are your own sugar daddy.

I am very proud of you, Doctor.

I almost teared up with his texts, he realized how much I hated being economically dependent on anyone. But he wanted to treat me nicely, he wanted to spoil me. I will let him do it once we are very much official.

Come back fast.

I tossed my phone aside and began my morning routine.

Sameer's absence left my heart feeling bored and grumpy. It was 11 a.m., and who knew if I could still get breakfast at the bar. After my morning shower, I called the rooftop restaurant for breakfast.

They fulfilled my desires, and the butlers arranged the table in the dining hall, which I hadn't used in the last 7 days. Room service came in with cleaners to dust off a few pieces of furniture that I wasn't using.

I opted for a simple cream-brown wrap dress to match my dull mood. But joy filled me when I saw not just one but 2 French omelets.

"Chef made them especially for you, Madame," the butler expressed with glee, noticing my happiness.

I started devouring my Parisian breakfast, probably the last one before leaving this vacation spot. Next time, I might stay where Sameer stays – in his staff suite, I didn't know.

The dining table was grand, made to host 10 people. I sat down to eat, and my butlers had already left me to enjoy my meal in peace. A lady was cleaning the open kitchen adjacent to the dining table, appearing almost as old as Luca's wife, around 65. Curiosity struck me,

"Madame?" I called her, and she seemed shocked, as if nobody had called her "madame."

"Did you call me, Madame?"

"Yes."

She smiled beautifully. French women are exquisitely beautiful.

"I am sorry, I am no one to ask, but you seem like you could be as old as my grandmother. Why do you still work?"

She looked surprised,

"Well, I have been working since the day Caelus Hotel started, almost 45 years ago. I grew up in this place, I love working here. I couldn't retire, madame. This hotel is more like home to me than my actual house."