Chapter 40 - Calm

I'm woken up by the sound of soft laughter and talking. Before opening my eyes, I stretch my arm out, realizing I am infact next to someone. I quickly sit up, seeing Colby and Sam. I must've fallen asleep, as I was laying on Colby's chest.
Sam- good afternoon sleepyhead. There's food waiting downstairs whenever your hungry. We're all sitting in the backyard about to start a fire. I'll go tell them you two will be out soon. And don't worry, I won't tell them you were in here.
He smiles softly before pushing himself off of Colby's couch and walking out. Colby pushes the hair out of my face and pulls me back to him
Colby-your so warm
I giggle and nod, still waking up.
Yn- how long was I asleep
Colby- oh, only a few hours. I've pretty much been watching videos this whole time. I think this stress is getting to you, so why don't we relax tonight?

~~~~~
It's been just over a year now, and Colby and I have gotten very close. Everyone is now aware, and they don't bother doing anything. Sam and Brennen don't like to talk about it, but they say there was a moment during our crisis that they knew we weren't going to be separated, that we were meant to be around each other. Sam and Colby's YouTube has taken off, and we moved to the second "trap house". Corey and Devyn moved out, Jake and Tara taking their place. Jake is a friend of Sam and Colby's from Kansas, Tara being his girlfriend. Colby and I aren't official or anything, but I like to tell strangers that he's my boyfriend. It seems fitting and keeps other guys away. Colby has dealt with his hunger as best as he can, and it doesn't seem to be too much of an issue. I've been spending a lot of nights with him, and his fans are starting to really notice something's up, even with how much we try to hide it. The rude comments subsided for the longest time, but they're starting to come back. I don't mind them anymore though, I've kind of found a sort of peace within myself. We've all been hanging out a lot, and it's actually currently just me, Colby, Sam, and Katrina in the hot tub.
Katrina- I have a question
Colby, with his arm around me and his eyes on his phone responds.
Colby- what's up?
Katrina- why aren't you two dating yet?
Colby kind of freezes up and puts his phone down again.
Colby- well.. umm. I don't know, it just hasn't come up yet?
Sam- why not? You guys are basically together anyway
Sam laughs for a moment until he doesn't get a response. I look at them like I'm just as confused, and turn my head towards him. I mean he always looks at me with such light happy hopeful eyes, he takes me out, we practically share a room, his hands have been on my body..
Yn- yeah, why hasn't it come up yet Colby?
Colby- like I said, I really don't know. I just didn't think it needed to, I don't know
Yn- is it because you still want to sleep with other girlsss?
I jokingly poke him but the hesitation in his answer makes me question.
Colby- hmm? Of course not. Why would I?
Feeling honestly a bit confused, and kind of hurt, I just nod it off. I'm probably hurting myself, overthinking this.
Yn- if that's what he says.. then I believe him
Sam and Katrina kind of get the hint to be quiet about it and the topic gets changed. But Colby seemed off after that. A while later though, as it was late, we all got out and I followed him back to his room.
Colby- you and me both have to change, why are you following?
Yn- oh I'm sorry, did you want me to change somewhere else? I was thinking I could grab underwear from our laundry and steal one of your tshirts..
Colby smirks a little and pulls me into the room with him, shutting the door
Colby- you'll see just how much I don't want to sleep with other girls darling~