Chapter 16- Sam's Side

You lie on your bed, staring at the ceiling. A million thoughts and emotions rush through you as you hear soft arguing. Around 30 minutes later, an exhausted-looking Sam walks through your door with a face of guilt. You glance at him before pointing to the chair by your dresser, allowing your gaze to return to the small bumps on the ceiling.
After a few moments of silence, Sam's tired voice speaks up. 
Sam- We're just trying to protect you, y/n.
Y/n- as he said, we're adults.  
Sam- I know, and I apologize for not seeing that. Truth is, in the past... He's been a major-
Y/n- player?
Sam- y-yeah. He couldn't stay with a girl longer than a week. He'd act in love, make them love him enough to do his every wish... he'd treat them to all of life's wonders, then he fought with them. It always ended. He'd always break up with them, losing contact immediately after. Nobody wants to see that with you.
You feel the strain in his voice as he tries to keep it calm and steady. Too bad you won't believe him... Just yet.
Y/n- and yet somehow, I feel as if you're lying. 
Sam- what proof do you need? Ask Brennen! On top of that, I've known Colby for years!
Y/n- you're awfully defensive for someone who knows they're in the right.
Sam- no I'm not! I'm trying to tell you to be cautious. He's never been one to stay. He's always been one to leave
You consider the thought. True, Sam has known him for many years. True, Brennen would know. True, he does make people fall in love easily... You would know.
But he's had no girls over here since you've gotten here. Time to test it then.
Y/n- Then why have I heard no fights? No midnight-moans? 
Sam- he fights at their house, sex is probably there too.
Y/n- why is he the only one that stays here when you guys go out to eat?
Sam- he's not a public person
You see Sam sit up. He has now become the defense group. You get to be the judge. Taking more dominance of the conversation, he asks a question. 
Sam- Has he kissed you?
Y/n- No.
Sam- Girlfriend. Has he flirted with you?
Y/n- Yes..
Sam- Acting in love. Has he made you fall in love with cunning words? 
Y/n- That's my personal feelings. Nothing to do with him.
Sam- Hence giving me the answer. You're now ready for when he's bored.
You sit up and study Sam. You almost believe him. Almost. Too bad he's not good at acting. The fidgeting hands are too obvious. The nervous breaths are prominent. His eyes show signs of thought, either remembering or thinking up the lies that would save you in the end. But you only nod, looking back to his eyes. 
Y/n- Send Brennen in here. 2 minutes or I'll trust the fact that you're lying. 
Sam looks at you shocked. I guess nobody here sees how far you'll go to get the answers you want.
Sam- wh-what?
Y/n- You said I could ask him. Go get him then, Sam. 
Sam nods and rushes out of the room. 
He brought up a decent fight, but he can't fool you. Not that easy.

6~