Chapter 39 - A Good Idea?

Everyone has packed up, and most of the people in the house have things to do. We decided it'd be best if they leave and try to forget about this all for the day, and I stay in and relax. Though, I truly feel like nothing's wrong anymore. The outside of my body has already been massively healed, which is crazy to me. Colby is still in his room, and he has been since our conversation yesterday. That's part of why I wanted everyone to leave. So I could do what I'm about to do. I put on a simple crop top and shorts after rolling out of bed, and slowly crept up the stairs. I walk into Sam and Colby's hallway to see Colby's door cracked, which never happens. I peek my head in, not seeing him. I don't want to intrude so I turn around and get surprised by the man infront of me.
Yn- Colby! You can't do that
He chuckles and apologizes
Colby- I didn't think it would scare you that bad, I'm sorry. Come on in though!
We walk into his room and he sits on his bed, gesturing for me to sit next to him.
Colby- what's up?
Yn-I wanted to make sure you were okay. I haven't seen you for almost a day now and we live under the same roof
Colby- I'm really sorry. It's just been weird to me. I didn't want to talk about it because that all felt so weird. I haven't felt like that in a long time... Felt.. alive.
Yn- do you really think that they were right? I'm immune? And that it could kill you?
Colby- see that's where I'm stumped. I feel like it would have hurt or made me feel worse if it could have killed me. But it didn't. Do you ever wonder if there's a cure out there for someone like me?
Yn- well I've thought about that since I've known about you. Where is this coming from? Is it because of what you felt?
Colby- I'm just.. I wonder if your blood could be the cure. If you're somehow special like that and that's why it doesn't affect you.
Yn- but.. what if Brennen's right? And you'd die?
Colby sits against the wall and looks at the ceiling.
Colby- all I do is make things harder on people. On you. And live a life of pain and hunger. This isn't living, not even surviving. And if I got to feel like that before I went... I don't think that'd be too bad.
I feel tears dwell in my eyes for the man before me. I think back to the glowing eyes I saw the first day I came. The mysterious man in the backyard. The flirtatious guy I so happened to live with. The YouTuber who shares his happiness to whoever he can. And I start to see the pain, the anger, the regret and planning that's been in his eyes all along. I lay my head on his lap, surprising him a little, and close my eyes. I slightly cry for him, for his pain. He lowers his hand to my hair, softly twisting it between his fingers.
Colby- what's going through your beautiful mind?
Yn- just think about this for a while longer okay? And don't plan on leaving me just yet. I.. I want you to stay here. With me.
The room goes silent, but it's a peaceful silence. I slowly drift off to sleep, wondering what he could be thinking.