Ch. 20- First Kiss under the Stars

Start from the beginning

Ju made a pig-like sound, trying to contain her laughter.

"If I were you, I'd never wear nude lipstick with this dress. It mellows your face out. I would've gone for deep ruby red lipstick instead."

Number 1, I did not wear red lipstick because I was getting my first kiss... Well, my first kiss with my consent today.

Number 2, my bodyguard, a retired French Army Major, a sniper, who worked with Volkner high-rank officials giving me makeup and color theory advice?

Number 3-WHAT THE FUCK?

"Is there any chance that you are gay?" I asked him.

"It took you this long to realize?" John chuckled.

"I also did some Drag gigs before joining Volkner Enterprise," Ju replied.

This was the best "What the heck" moment of my life.

I burst into laughter at my own ignorance, and John and Ju joined in. It struck me how rigid and super-professional they had seemed when we first met six days ago. Now, they were so comfortable around me.

The car didn't head to Charles De Gaulle airport but took a turn toward another one named Le Borguet.

"It's a private airport," John explained, noticing my confusion. Instead of entering the terminal, the car proceeded to a tunnel leading to a runway.

There, a white Boeing 747-8 with the Volkner Lion on its body awaited. The star on its forehead shone as if lit. The door was open, and a big stair was being moved towards it by another vehicle.

As the stairs were secured, Sameer rushed down, a few men trailing behind him. He looked angry, tired, and pissed off, clad in his usual black business attire. He seemed so exhausted, as if he hadn't had a chance to rest for a single second. His hair was messy, and he had eye bags under his eyes. People took orders from him, and he was almost yelling at them.

"It's your cue to get out and calm him down; he hasn't had lunch today," John informed me. I opened the door of the Rolls Royce unconventionally and stood up. Sameer spotted me from a distance while talking to his people.

The moment he saw me, all the worry and anger faded from his face. A smile stretched across his face against his will, and then he closed his mouth again. Surprisingly, none of his accomplices turned back to see whom he was smiling at.

I leaned against the door as he continued chatting with his team. Eventually, he patted one of the accomplices' shoulders and made his way towards me. His tie and suit flowed in the wind; if he were an actor, he would have looked as perfect as James Bond.

"I am so sorry Kay." He spoke with such tiredness it broke my heart.

"Why did not you have lunch?"

He looked at me, looked at my dress, and asked me to twirl for him, so I twirled.

"You looked like a lotus."

"That does not explain why you did not have lunch today."

"My mouth would stink if I had the lunch. I wanted to kiss you."

"What you're going to do for the rest of your life then? Stay hungry? All day? Every day?"

This made him go quiet for a few seconds, then he smiled again.

"My first girlfriend had broken up with me because I used to kiss her too much, it made her uncomfortable."

I burst out laughing at him, he joined me.