Chapter 53

Harrison's POV

4 weeks later

I have been in London for two weeks for business. I was flying back in a few days. I was not sure how I was functioning but I was. Somehow? Taking over the businesses and my own businesses was quite a lot.

Ive stepped away from a few things letting management run it. I was still new to a lot of my father's side and I was trying to make it even more succesful than it was. So far, my hard work was paying off.

I walked into my hotel room exhausted. I take off my tie and look at my phone. I had missed calls from William, Ashley and a few others.

I call William back quickly seeing his call me text messages.

"Its like the middle of the night here." William says

"You called me like a few hours ago?" I say rolling my eyes.

"Yeah. I dont know if Penelope told you but that ex of hers died."

"What?" I say confused.

"He was in a car accident. Stassie is fucked up about it." He sighs. "Shes at your house with P."

"What for?"

"Theyre sad I guess? You know they grew up together right. From kids. Hes Stassie's business partner? Was he not Penelope's first boyfriend and the boyfriend before she met you."

"I dont need history lesson." I say annoyed.

"You might need to return and support your wife."

"Support her grief her ex's death?" I say. "William. Goodbye."

"I warned you." He chuckles ending the call.

I call Penelope but she doesnt answer. It was too late to call the kids back. Fuck, I probably should go home.

The next day, I travel back home. I work on the plane and didnt get to sleep. So after a long journey, tired, I walk into my house where I find the kids running around.

They all run over when they see me. Penelope was on the sofa feeding Azaiah. She was in her white skilk pyjama set.

"Hey." I say kissing the kids. I hug Ashley kissing his face. "Missed you guys."

"Youre home early." Penelope says and I look at her. She just looks at me. I lean in kissing her and then kissing Azaiah. I was gone two weeks and he looked bigger. She takes the bottle out and I pick him up. "Hi baby." I say. "Dont throw up all over me."

I sit down and the children hover over me with their million things to share about what they been doing. 

"Youre so adorable." I say to Ruby kissing her face. I watch Penelope get up as she takes Azaiah upstairs.

I was not sure if she was OK or not.

"Is it bed time little monsters?" I ask as I tickled Ruby and Riley picking them both up.

"No!" They scream. I was so jet lagged and tired but I get them to bed. I then get to Ashley and sit down on his bed.

"You alright little man?" I ask him and he nods. "Missed you." I tell him.