Chapter 9

Penelope's POV

"Cant believe you're making your pregnant bff move boxes." I tell Stassie as I sat in her new apartment.

"The exercise is good for you. Come on." She says as I put her kitchen stuff away.

"I cant believe youre all moved out. Kind of miss you living with me."

"Well its all perfect timing? Your husband is back tonight." She says and I roll my eyes. His 7 day trip turned into 19 days.

"I am so excited to throw my first party here tomorrow." She says.

"I know. Im sad I cant get drunk with you." I tell her as I wipe her cups.

"Daniel is back for a few days. He said he wanted to come by and talk..."

"You gonna tell him about your fling with my brother in law?"

"Absolutely not." She says and I chuckle. "What if we work things out? Dont want to risk it. Also how nice would it be to us four again now that you and Carter are cool."

"Well im happy were good but im fucking worried about Harrison's reaction to me hanging out with Carter as soon as he left the country."

"Look they dont have to know everything do they?"

"Harrison has weird ways of finding things out." I say. It was not that I was fearful of Harrison... but sometimes I do think of the way he gets when angry and jealous. Its someone else almost and I am pregnant and cant deal with fighting and him doing the most.

"Speaking of the devil." Stassie says as she looks at her phone. "Carter."

"So we just keeping the doors open?" He asks. "I told the doorman who is allowed in? Youre on my list Carter." Stassie tells him and he laughs handing her a bottle of champagne. "So where the cups?"

"Its 5 oclock somewhere?" Stassie says as she opens a box handing out glasses.

"I'm good." I say and Carter looks at me. "Okay its not fancy champagne?"

"Sorry I just do fancy fancy." I tease him and he laughs.

"Cheers to Stassie's new beginnings!" He says handing me the bottle.

"She's pregnant dummy." Stassie finally says and Carter just looks at me.

"Congratulations." He says putting his arms around me.

"Helloooo." William says walking into the apartment. Great. I stop laughing as William looks at me while Carter gets off of me.

I look at Stassie who avoids eye contact with me at all times.

"Hey." She says throwing her hair behind her shoulder. Should have known that she wasnt in sweats like me for a damn reason.

She invited him over already. William kisses her cheek handing her massive bunch of flowers. I look at him and he smirks.

"Congratulations on the new home." He says. William was a lot like Harrison. Both looked a lot a like, tall build and pretty faces. They were charming and had a warm smile and beautiful teeth. The difference was that William was a lot more social and was just here for a good time.

"Thanks. You're sweet." Stassie says.

"Hows it going?" He asks us and I look at him. "This is Carter." She says as Carter nods at him.

"Good. Im excited." Stassie says. "My housewarming party is  going to be a fresh start. I'm gonna get so drunk."

"So you're having a party?" He asks and she nods. "My ex is gonna be there, you dont want to be part of it." She says and he chuckles.