Chapter 21

Penelope's POV

10 weeks later

"Hey dad." I say walking into the living room.

"Hey. Riley crawled underneath somewhere." He says as he looked around.

"Riley get out of wherever you are." I say and I watch Riley crawl out behind the sofa.

"He is getting really fast." My dad chuckles. I sit down huffing and puffing. I was getting heavy and uncomfortable and nearly ready to pop this baby out.

"Look at you." He chuckles. "Nearly 9 months pregnant and you are working."

"Well it was a favour to plan an event after mine, then someone hired me for a wedding?" I say and my dad chuckles. "The wedding is done now so I can rest."

"You enjoyed that didn't you? You are a wedding planner. You loved throwing those birthday parties as a child."

"I did." I chuckle. "I'm actually thinking about doing it on a bigger scale. Have people and a whole team." I say. "Penelope's events."

"We can work on the name." He chuckles. "But you have to slow down. Youre due in a week or so?"

"That is the name? Its been the name. Well 2 weeks but this baby is ready to come anytime." I chuckle. I wasnt going to tell him I felt some minor contractions.

"You said you were going home a few weeks ago." He says. "I love you and all and love having you here."

"You trying to get rid of me?"

"Ofcourse not." He chuckles. "Im going to be lost without you guys here everyday causing havoc."

"Help me understand." He says. "Whats the plan Penelope?"

I wasnt sure what the plan was. Therefore no need to discuss it.

"I think I have spoken to Harrison more than you have." He says.

"Which is strange because you hate him?"

"Yes, but the guy is genuinely torn up about this situation?" He says. "He sat by your bed for days."

"Suddenly I am supposed to forgive him? I nearly died. He put my kids in danger?"

"Penelope. You have to wake up and smell the coffee." He says. "You found out about that girl. You guys made up. You moved on. Called off the divorce? You then still want to hold on to this... after you are playing house." He says sighing.

"You need to think long and hard if you want to either work it out, put it behind you or if you want to put an end to this. It isnt healthy this game you two are playing especially for your children."

I just stare out knowing he is right. We were just going back and forth and its not the ideal situation.

"Go home. Today. See how you feel. I'll be okay here with Riley."

"Lisa said the baby room has been set up." I say. "I do want to see it."

"Go on. Say bye to mommy." My dad says as I watch Riley crawl over kissing him.

I drive back up to my house and think about what I wanted to do. I have not spoken to Harrison in 10 weeks. He would call and text but I was just too upset. It just made me feel so stupid and I felt betrayal. I was scared about what was next.

I loved Harrison and he fucking knew it. I missed him. I just wanted him here.

I open the door of the house feeling anxious and a strike of pain. My chest hurt but I also feel the contractions. I hold the door for a second breathing out. Shit. It was getting more painful.

In between the good and bad. जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें