Chapter 8

Harrison's POV

Its been two weeks since we returned from our little break away. We spent a week there and it felt like old times. Just us and no problems again.

I went back to work but I tried my best to be home at a reasonable hour and to be having dinner together and I attended her first scan with her with a new doctor since the other one was absolutely crap.

"Hey." I say walking into the house. Penelope was in the kitchen with my brother William.

"Whats up brother." He says

"William." I say looking at him. "Are you back in town so soon?"

"Yes, returned last night." He says. "Thought I'd come by and say hi."

"Hes here for the scoop on Stassie." Penelope says and I chuckle sitting down.

"Your wife is my new wingman." He says. "Since you left me."

"Youre not going to be dating my best friend." Penelope tells him. "Why not?" He asks.

"Because she's meant to be with Daniel. Theyre like soul mates."

"Ew spare me that. Soul mates do not exists." He says. "Guys marriage is a scam."

"Okay..." I say looking at Penelope who just laughs. She looked beautiful with her long hair falling straight down. She a cream coloured satin dress and heels.

"You having dinner with us?" I ask him and he nods. "Sure." He says. "If you invite Anastasia."

"Oh God." Penelope says laughing. "You and Stassie will not work." She says. "The girls not into the rich lifestyle and William thats your selling point."

"What? My looks are my selling point?" He says and I laugh. "Maybe we should skip dinner?" I ask Penelope and she chuckles.

"We are going to some fundraiser." Penelope says. I completely forgot about it.

"Shit, I forgot."

"Starts at 7. Its 6.30." Penelope says. "Youre the one making me go?"

"Whose fundraiser is it?" William says

"One of my business partners and his wife." I tell him.

"Which one?"

"James White."

"You should come and I'll find you a single girl with a trust fund." Penelope tells him and he laughs.

"I'm going to skip on that one, but we should definitely should have dinner sometime."

"Im going to get changed." I tell Penelope.

"I put your suit on the bed." Penelope tells me and I nod walking William out.

We have not told anyone about the pregnancy yet and I thought why bother because everyone had an opinion on our marriage and it sucked. Especially her stupid friends.

"So we all good in this household." He says and I look at him. Was he worried about me?

"All good. Better than ever." I tell him.

"Good." He says. "So no more girls on the side."

"No more girls on the side." I tell him and he nods. "Well what are you going to do about Hailey?"

"You trying to get me killed?" I ask him looking back hoping Penelope wasnt in ear shot.

"I havent seen or spoken to her in months." I tell him and he nods. "But your going to the fundraiser?"