19. Same as Always

It was a peaceful weekend the Avengers were enjoying. And it's another Tony idea for a weird game.

Truth or dare, but a little modified. You have to tell a secret of the person sitting next to you, when the bottle lands on you.

Clint spun the bottle first. It landed on Sam, and Pietro, one of the new recruits, sitting next to him. Sam laughed," I was waiting for this moment! The senior Maximoff over here has hooked up with Kristene. "

Wanda, Pietro's twin sister gasped," You mean from SHIELD?"

Sam nodded and grinned as Pietro glared at him. Clint clapped his hands," Now now. When did this happen?"

Pietro frowned at them," This game wasn't supposed to be like that. "

" Well, the rule is changed. Explain. " Tony shrugged off.

Pietro rolled his eyes. " Okay, fine. She and I are dating. "

Wanda looked at him in disbelief," We just joined in Avengers few months ago and you've already dating someone from SHIELD?"

The game went on for few rounds and now it's Tony's turn. And Bruce was sitting next to him. He ran his mind for another secret of Banner. Then he smirked at him," So...Bruce has a crush on Romanoff. "

Natasha narrowed her eyes," What?!"

And everyone pretty much gave the same reaction.

Bruce stuttered for a moment," It's not entirely true. I just told him that... you know...I like you...kind of...so he's assuming. "

Through the corner of her eyes, Natasha saw Steve sighed uncomfortablly. Over the past few months, she'd been certain of her lingering feelings for Steve. But was afraid to admit it.

And the game went on another round, until the bottle was on Thor. And Steve was sitting next to him. He thought for a moment before smiling ," Captain Rogers has a love letter from a lady, Aliana. "

Steve whipped his head to look at him," How did you see that?"

The playful atmosphere in that room turned tense as Steve growled at the God. Thor got confused," I was in your quarter to get your shield and I saw it on your table. "

" Why would you look into it?!" Steve snapped at him and stood up leaving his seat, and soon disappeared into the elevator.

Natasha remembered the name again, when Steve was having a nightmare and she was there to hear the name from his panicked voice.

Everyone looked at each other for answer, but no one had one. Sam cleared his throat," He has a history, with a girl, Aliana, before he went into ice. " And everyone started guessing what could be more story into it.

Several minutes later Steve came back and gestured at Natasha nodding his head towards Thor. She understood and called everyone to leave except Thor.

Thor turned around and saw Steve with two glasses.

Steve smiled at him," Do you have your Ausgardian mead?"

Thor grinned happily," Of course. Wait a minute, Captain. " Then he went to his apartment and came back with a iron bottle.

They sat in the couch. Steve poured two glasses. " I'm sorry, Thor. "

Thor shook his head," No. I apologise, Captain. I shouldn't have brought that up here. It was wrong from my side."

Steve smiled at him," It's okay. Guess I just over-reacted. " They talked like old times as usual.

When the bottle finished, Steve was wasted till then. Thor fell flat on the couch but Steve wanted to go to his apartment.