1. Vacation

" Steven!"

" Get up, I'm getting late!"

" It's eight in the morning already!"

The door to his bedroom opened and his mom walked in. " Steven! You listening, honey? We're getting late. "

Steve rubbed his eyes with a groan," But I don't have school today. "

His mom pulled away his covers," Yeah. Your summer break is starting from today onwards. But you said you'll help me at our shop. Come on, honey. "

" Okay. " He got up and picked a towel. " Let me get freshn up in a bit. "

" Sure. I'm waiting downstairs." She said as he headed towards bathroom.

He sighed looking at his thin and skinny body through the bathroom mirror. Just last weekend he celebrated his nineteenth birthday, but anyone who didn't know would think he's an eleven year old boy. He shook his head and took a quick shower before putting his dry clothes on.

His summer vacation starts from today so he decided to help his mom at her cafe

His summer vacation starts from today so he decided to help his mom at her cafe. He came downstairs and saw his mom is all ready with whatever things she needed. She handed him a hat," Put it on. You'll look like the boss of our cafe today. "

He rolled his eyes and walked out with his mom. After walking few minutes, they arrived at the ' Rogers' Cafe and Bakery '.

His dad had made this shop before he died in army. Whatever compensation they got, it's going to his study, so safe to say, this cafe is their only living line.

He helped his mom in preparing coffee and some other breakfast materials.

Sarah was looking for something in hurry. " Ma, what do you need?"

She sighed," I think I forgot to get butter from supermarket. "

" Let me go and get some. "

She shook her head," No. I've to go. They won't give any discount if you go there."

He nodded with a little laugh. She rushed with the old scooter. He stood behind the counter and decided to paint something. That's his favourite timepass nature. He started drawing some random trees.

" Mrs Rogers?"

He was lost in his painting that he couldn't notice a girl is standing at the entrance.

Should he speak?

Of course, you idiot.

His bestfriend's voice rang in his mind. Well, it's not his fault. That girl looks so... beautiful? Yes. With red hair like flame down to her shoulder.