6. Stark and Carter

The jet landed at a quiet place. It's gonna be morning in an hour or so. So they needs to be quick. The four agents approached her," Agent Carter? What now?"

Peggy sighed looking at Haword. He shook his head," Don't give me that look. I've no plan."

" We can't take it to headquarter. "

He nodded in agreement," That's true."

Peggy nodded after thinking some time," How about keeping at my place? It's just a matter of probably...ten hours?"

Haword smirked at her," Will it be safe? I don't think the commander will like it if he visits your palce out of the blue. "

She gave him a knowing smile," Then how about at yours?"

" No!" He shook his head standing up from his seat inside the jet. " I'm not keeping a machine which requires thousand watts of energy at my apartment, which can lead to an inspection if they think I'm using some illegal tech or something."

Peggy stood up as well," Then I'm taking it to my place. " He was about to object but she quickly interrupted him," I'll lock my house and say it's under a little renovation if some officials try to visit. Like I said, it's just a matter of few hours." He nodded rasing his hands. " Get the truck ready. " She said to one of the agents and he nodded walking out.

She and Haword pushed the cryogenic machine out of the jet. " We need to connect it to electricity real quick. There is a warning sign already. " Haword noticed. They nodded and loaded it to a truck standing near to the jet.

They unloaded the machine at Peggy's place. They had to look around if people are already up, but there are just some workers here and there. So it's safe to move it.

Thankfully, her house wasn't at upstairs. Her apartment was at ground floor so it was easy to move it. They had to lift the machine a bit at the entrance and rest was clear. Haword quickly connected it with the electricity source and saw its working just fine.

Everyone sighed in relief and sat on the floor tiredly. After some time, they heared a knock on her door. She looked at it," Who could that be?"

" Mr Sousa?" Haword smirked at her. But her glare was enough to wipe that off.

Peggy stood up and opened the door and her face paled seeing the man standing there," Ah...Go..good morning, Colonel."

Haword and the other four agents were shocked. He went up to the door and saw Colonel Philip. Damn this old man. He muttured under his breath," Hello, Colonel. "

He nodded," Ah, Stark too?" Then he peeked inside and saw the other four agents were already looking miserable. " You both dragged them in?"

Peggy tried to handle it," Colonel, I think we should talk. It's very important. "

He nodded," It should be, because I was half asleep when I got a call from vice-commander asking where did I sent a jet last night, under my permission. "

She looked back at the agents," You guys can leave, don't worry. " They nodded and left.

Colonel Philip raised his eyebrow at her," Carter?"

She sighed," Please come inside we need to talk. " He nodded and walked in.

He roamed his eyes around and noticed the huge cryogenic machine in the bedroom. " What's that thing? You had to use a jet and a truck for this, I suppose?"

She and Haword sat in her couch and asked the Colonel to sit across them. " There is a boy inside that machine." She started explaining.

" A boy? In that thing? Alive?"