5. A Day In Red Room

Again. The two guards opened the door to his cell, Natalia walked in and told him to follow her. Steve stood up and did so.

On the way to Dr Erskine's lab, she kept stealing glances at him. He looked nervous. " Are you scared?"

He kept his face neutral. " Of you?"

She tightened her fist. It hurts again. " You should. But I meant about the serum?"

" No. Not as much as a heart stroke. " He mumbled without looking at her.

She just nodded when they arrived at the testing hall, where Dr Erskine will apply the serum in him.

People there looked at Steve weirdly. Obviously Dr Erskine was right. They don't expect good results from Steve.

A huge cylindrical glass tube was in the middle of the hall, connected with many wires and tubes. She took Steve down to there. Dr Erskine smiled at him," Steven. Good to see you. You ready?"

He eyed everything carefully then nodded with a sigh.

Two officers approached them.

" Dr Erskine. You've choosen this subject? I don't think he can even handle a penicillin syringe. " One of them taunted looking at Steve up to down.

Dr Erskine smiled at him in return," That would be so bad, but we'll see. "

That officer looked at Natalia," Why don't we go upstairs after your duty here, malyskha?"

He whispered in her ear, but loud enough for Steve to hear that. He couldn't understand what that man said, but the way he smirked at her, he didn't like it.

He glanced up to her, then couldn't look away from her eyes. Because she's looking directly at him.

She broke eye contact with him, and looked at the officer with a smirk," I don't think master would like that. " He glared at her and walked away.

Steve has no idea why he felt...kind of satisfaction?, seeing that man's smile vanishing. Natalia looked at him and noticed a familiar glint on his face. His eyes lits up when he finds something his liking. Did he like the way she strongly chased that man away?

No Natalia. Don't go there.

She killed the smile that was threatening to appeare in her lips. And she noticed Steve's face fell when he saw her cold eyes.

" Attention, everyone. " Dr Erskine announced. " We're about to start. " Then he asked Steve to remove his shirt.

Steve removed it and gave it to an assistant in that lab.

Dr Erskine noticed Natalia was still there, looking carefully at Steve. " I think you'll get a better view from there. " He gestured towards the seats above the lab in front.

She nodded," Sure. Sorry. " Then her eyes met with Steve's for a moment as she walking back.

Steve laid down in that cylinder, still looking at Natalia, who's sitting at the height from where they can clearly see eachother. Their eyes never leaves eachother.

He wasn't sure what's gonna happen to him in next few minutes, but he's willing to capture her image in his mind and heart forever.

Yes. It's not shocking anymore. Bucky was right about him. He's screwed. She's the first girl he liked.

Yeah. He liked her. He hated her. He...loved her.

Then the door blocked his view. He felt a needle pierced his arm, and he drifted into nothingness. Everything went black. But he kept visualising her even in the darkness. That smile whenever she visits his cafe. The way she talks. The way she teases him. Everything.