4. Plot of Escape

That metal door opened again. Steve flinched by the sound. He looked up from his knees and saw two men, no, two soldiers, no, they're agents, walked in.

He tightened his arms around his knees, pulling them to his chest. But then, she walked in following the two agents. He didn't know her anymore. She is a stranger now.

" Get up. " He didn't react. " Get up! I need to show you around this place. " He looked at her. " I've orders. " This much she can reveal, not anymore, as two men standing just behind her.

He stood up, hoping he can find Bucky somewhere. Those two agents walked ahead so he had to follow them with Natalia.

" Where is my friend?"

" Be quiet!" She snapped at him. And that hateful burning look of him clenched her heart. But she masked it. She had to act hard on him. " I don't know. They've kept him somewhere else and I'm trying to find him. " She whispered at him, making sure no one heard her except him.

They walked through the hallway. A scream echoed in the dim lighted corridor. Another scream, again, again and more screams. Sounds like a girl's.

" They erase their memories in here. " She mumbled quietly. He heard it, she knew, because his breathing became heavy.

They kept walking. Steve heard a scream again. Followed by a loud thud, a scream, a thud, a scream, a thud. He lifted his head and slightly peeked inside, and quickly ducked his head. His eyes widened again. A man was whipping two girls without any mercy.

He opened his mouth to breath as he felt like air became thin. After few minutes of walking he heard some gun shots. He  figured, a girl is crying out and then he heard a thundering gun shot and that cry died instantly. Another cry filled in his ear, then another gun shot. It's unbearable.

He let out a sob grabbing to whatever his hand can reach. That's Natalia's hands. He's trembling in fear as he held her hand for support. She looked at him in wide eyes and understood what's happening to him.

She placed her hand over his," No. Not now. Not here. They'll kill both of us. "

But it wasn't much helpful. Steve's breathing became labored as he's stumbling on his feet. She looked ahead and saw the two agents are walking far ahead of them. Sensing the perfect opportunity, she dragged Steve to an empty room and locked the door in a hurry.

Steve slumped against the wall on the floor, clutching his head with his both hands.

" They don't want weak hearts. They instructs their agents not to become weak in tough condition, that's how they make our blood cold. They kill weak hearted people. We don't like weakness." She explained.

His breathing calmed. He huffed with a chuckle," How fool I was to believe when you said I'm brave. "

Ouch. That hurts. When someone uses her own words to taunt her, that really hurts. But she won't show it. She has to behave tough. She's gonna graduate from Red Room in few months, if she completes her assignment without failing. Then she'll become the queen of the widows. The Black Widow. She has to do it. Unless, there is no way out from this hell. For that, she needs to avoid every kind of weakness. She needs Steve gone.

It's best for both of them. If her plan with Dr Erskine works, Steve would go back to America. Then the faint and fragile attachment with him will be cut off. Then she can successfully focus on her mission. Then she would become the Black Widow. Then Red Room will send her on solo missions. And let her control whatever she wants. They'd give her freedom to operate. That's what she wants. She's waiting for that chance. A slim chance of escaping from here. From this hell of earth.