11. The First Dance

Two weeks later it was the party for which the entire SHIELD is rushing. Because all-favorite Nick Fury will be the new Director.

Steve entered and his eyes found the all-serious eye patched man at the centre of the hall. Many SHIELD officials and higher ranked agents were busy to congratulate him.

He didn't interrupt them and walked up to the place where he could sit at least comfortably. Of course, it's the balcony. He spotted Maria Hill there sitting alone. " Didn't expect the director's chief commander would be alone here. " He commented as he approached her.

She turned around with a smile," Hello, Cap. And no, I'm letting Nick enjoy this evening. Had to take some calls so I had to come here. "

He shook his head," Sometimes promotion backfires un us. "

She nodded," You're right. Organizers can't take the stage. I've arranged this party but can't get a drink for myself." They laughed on it.

Someone jumped on his back making him stumble, he turned around to see Clint," Hey Barton. "

He grinned at them," Hey, Captain. Hey, Hill. Tell me why there is no music?"

She shrugged off," Nick's order. "

Clint groaned with an eye roll. " Won't even let us enjoy. "

" Don't worry, after an hour...maybe. "

Clint punched into air," Yeaaah! No music, no fun. You know the taste of our agents, that's why you were Agent 1. "

Steve looked at him in confusion. " Oh, Hill was Agent 1 before her promotion to commander. " Clint explained.

" And who's it now?"

Clint smirked, Hill nodded at him," Barton is Agent 1 now. Hawkeye. "

Steve nodded in understanding," Oh, that's like code names. "

" Where is Agent Romanoff ?" Hill asked as her eyes roamed around.

Clint looked back but couldn't find her," She might have stopped by to talk to Nick."

Steve raised his eyebrow," Who's that?"

" Romanoff? My friend, my partner, I was talking about her. " Clint reminded him.

He nodded," Natasha? Your friend? Okay."

Time went on, the party went on, and Steve would be lying if he says he wasn't a little eager to see Natasha before leaving the party. He'd been hearing some cool and funny stuffs about her from Clint, so obviously he's curious to meet her.

He sat at the bar counter, holding a beer just to blend himself in the party environment. He was slowly shaking the glass in a round motion, with a little more concentration, as if it's the most interesting thing to do.

" Why don't we go for a dance?"

He heard a man asking someone who's sitting at few tables away from him, but he didn't pay attention.

" I don't think you have that stamina to match my rythm, Ramlow. "

Now. That high-pitched sharp voice, he'd heard it before. When? Where?

" I'd have liked to prove it at somewhere more private. " That man said again.

" Oh, I've heard so many stories that how little of a baby you are. " That woman replied, and some other men laughed around them.

His curiosity took over, and he lifted his eyes to his left, towards the table where that woman was sitting, he could see her back, as her head had turned to other side to make some sneaky comeback to the man who's trying to flirt with her.