010. Destruction Of Paris. . .

FRANCE, PARIS 2023

FRANCE, PARIS 2023.
chap 10. destruction of paris !

Inside their now shared bedroom (Y/N) and her sister Marinette, find solace amidst Paris' nocturnal beauty. Through the glass window, the distant hum of night time traffic mingles with their soft talking, creating a symphony of urban life.

The room is bathed in a soft radiance of a table lamp, casting warm shadows on the walls adorned with sketches, and artwork from the younger twin sister. The two of them sat cuddled up together on the double bed inside, as Marinette had her sister laying against her chest, and her arms tiggly around her in comfort.

(Y/N)'s heartache lingers as she recounts the rejection from Adrien, and how she also rejected Cat Noir's feelings for her, even if she kissed him back. Her gaze drifts over Marinette's shoulder to the moonlit cityscape, wondering if the city's magic could somehow mend her wounded feelings.

Marinette, a pillar of support leant the side of her head against her sisters, and squeezed the top of (Y/N)'s hand placed on her lap, "Don't let this get to you." Her voice was soft, and sympathetic, "I know for a fact Adrien adores you so much, and there has to be a logical reason why he did this to you."

Her (E/C) watery eyes flickered back to the other girls blue ones, and scrunched her nose up through a sniffle as she leant up out of their embrace to sit on the edge of the blue bed, shoed feet just touching the wooden floor.

"I don't know anymore Mari...." She trailed off in a croak, and glanced down at her lucky bracelet around her wrist, more tears blurring her vision that caused her to blink rapidly, "I thought that as well, but maybe Chloe's right... I'm nothing compared to everyone else. Even in Adrien's eyes.."

Marinette's face hardened up hearing her twin talking bad about herself, and shot up quickly to sit up beside her, as she grabbed the side of (Y/N)'s face with her hands turning her head around.

"Listen here (N/N), and make sure you listen well." She began to talk in a firm way, and squished her sisters cheeks together to make her look like a fish, "You're not like everybody else, and that's a good thing! You're amazing, and perfect in your own way."

Her mouth twitches up into a warm smile, and motioned with her head to the picture on the wall of (Y/N), and Adrien together, in the center of everything hanged up on the wall, including family and friend photos.

It had him staring at her with such a tender look instead of the camera, and her smiling brightly at the camera unaware of him giving her that look in the moment.

"I know damn well that Adrien Agreste sees that as well," Marinette turned (Y/N)'s head to the photo on the wall, and let her hands drop once her sisters eyes went wide seeing it up on there for real this time, "even if he did kinda reject you right now, that doesn't mean you should give up on what you two have."