Part 21

Where's Law?" You asked, settling Dellinger on your lap and giving him a bottle of milk waiting for an answer. Their silence made you sigh, and you moved your graze to your most relied person. "Rosi, where's Law?"

The younger Donquixote shrugged, opting for a cigarette than the food on his plate. Dellinger held on to you tighter as you got up to look for him, Doffy not stopping you.

"Not here. He doesn't have a place at the table."Trebol responded. "It doesn't matter whether he's here or not."

"He's a child, he still needs to eat," you began but you didn't have to move much when Señor Pink walked in with Law right behind him, his permanent hateful scowl on his face
"What do you want? We're having dinner."Giolla haughtily spoke up, noticing the boy you were looking for a walk in the dining area. She waved her hand dismissively. "Throw him out!"

"It's fine," Doffy interjected.

"What?!"

"I called him,"

"Neh, neh, Law! It's been a week now. Don't you wanna get out of here?" Trebol' taunted, his hand on Rosi's head. "You've been getting beaten by Corazon since you came here."

The pale boy's lips trembled, infuriated, his frown deeper than before

"Kids run away and so do adults. That's why we only have the best here," Diamante added. "How much longer will a powerless brat like you last?"

"I'm not going anywhere!" Law protested, and finally, you looked at him, your heart sinking when you did.
His whole body was scraped and injured, his clothes were torn and tattered.

"Don't forget the 'Blood Law', no matter how you get harmed." Lao G warned, reaching for another serving of pizza. "This family will fall apart if a member defies us Executives' authority."

"It doesn't scare me," Law replied fearlessly, his grey eyes cold and empty. "I've seen hell."

Doffy chuckled, amused. "You can bluff as you like. But Corazon is my precious, biological, younger brother. If anyone so much as cuts him once, I will..." he raised his knife and swiped it swiftly to make his point."...put him to death."

Not taking any of the dreadful threats they were giving the ten-year-old, you warmly smiled at him.

"Law," you greeted him warmly, his cold facade cracking a little bit. "Come sit next to me."

Giolla tensed in protest. "Y/N-sama!"

"Vergo isn't here, Law can take his seat beside me. Come, Law." You pulled out the chair beside and Law wearily did as you told him, shocking the family since the boy was usually so hard-headed but apparently with you, he wasn't.
"I wanna sit next to Y/N-sama! Law doesn't deserve to be anywhere near her! He's only been here for a week," Baby 5 pouted.

"Baby 5. You're being rude." You firmly spoke and she pouted a little bit listened, not taking your lightly scolding to heart. "Come, Law."

Noticing his brows relax slightly when he kept his gaze on you, Law wearily took a step forward, obeying you, his tattered shirt shifting to reveal a patch of blank white skin on his little body.

"LOOK AT HIS SKIN!" The rest of the family, besides you and the two Donquixote brothers, reacted with hostility. "It's White Lead disease! It's agonizing pain if you get infected!" Giolla exclaimed, the information causing young Buffalo to back up against the wall, as far as possible from Law. 

"What?!?" Buffalo trembled. "It's contagious?! You're disgusting!"

Your grip on your glass of wine tightened at his choice of words.