Part 25

Vergo's hand shook lightly as he put down the den-den mushi, the news shocking him.

"Baby 5," Vergo called out.

The child looked up from what she was doing.

"Is the young master here?"

She smiled and nodded. "I saw him talking with Trebol-san in the office."

Vergo immediately rushed by the child and her brows furrowed as to why he was acting so out of character.

The man's entrance at the office caused Doflamingo and Trebol's conversation to come to a halt.

"Doffy, I've just received word about Y/N and Corazon."
Vergo now has the undivided attention of Doflamingo.

"Where is she?" He growled as he observed from Vergo's tense state that you were in danger and so was his little brother.

"The Quinn pirates had betrayed and cut off their ties with us," Vergo began.

Doflamingo's fist slammed on his desk but in a calm voice asked.

"Vergo, I asked, where Y/N was,"

"They're being kept at their hideout. I've been told that the Quinn's caught them off guard and plan to kill them soon."

The veins that were protruding on Doflamingo's forehead double. Betrayal was unforgivable and laying a hand on both you and Corazon was unforgivable. He laughed deeply at the stupidity of the Quinn Pirates.

"How foolish of them. They were so beneficial and now they have betrayed me and committed the disgraceful crime of abducting my dear brother and Y/N."

The two other men in the room remained silent at the fury that rushed through his veins.

"Do they really think they'll get away with this?" He laughed maniacally, his tone and deathly expression making Vergo and Trebol immensely uneasy for they knew how brutal Doflamingo could be.

But to double cross and abduct the most precious members of his crew, the Quinn's will be obliterated.

————-

You played with Cora's hair as his head rested on your lap, running your fingers through them and massaging his scalp as he spoke to you about memories he had with his mother and he cracked a few jokes here and there on whatever topic you two freely discussed.

It was comfortable.

The more he got to know you, the more he adored you. Every smile, every laugh and the mere touch of your skin would have him cave  to you.

Was it crazy for the two of you to want human affection and touch during the last days of your lives? For both of you the answer was no, it wasn't.

The two of you laid side by side on the single mattress, he took up much of the space but you didn't mind being so close to him. He was warm and as you discovered, very cuddly.

"Y/N.." he murmured as your head faced him, your eyes looking into his own.

"Hm?"

His finger gently caressed the shape of your cheek, tracing your cheekbone all the way to your lips were he paused.

"I'd like to kiss you," he thought to himself but he had actually said it out loud.

You didn't know why you did it but you did and Corazon thought you had read his mind but he felt complete bliss in the soft warm kiss that you had given him.

Corazon was gentle, kissing him felt like those lazy Sunday mornings one would have with their lover. He repositioned himself to press his body against yours, trapping you beneath his embrace as the kisses turned passionate and desperate.

Every night felt like it was your last and though this all seemed so fast, it felt right. It was sweet but also desperate because it dawned on both of you that in this world everything goes too fast and nothing lasts.

He caressed you ever so gently and you felt your skin was on fire. Corazon worshipped your form, appreciating every curve and crevice making sure that you only felt bliss and pleasure.

The world fell away as the two of you intimately connected with each other, breathless and whispering words in the dark that you two would not have dared to say outside these four walls. Every thrust he gave you elicited the sweetest refrains and your arms embraced him as pleasure clouded your mind, wanting to feel him closer.

Corazon has betrayed his brother once and here he was doing it again but he didn't regret it all. He could never regret you.

He wanted you.

The two of you made love over and over again, Corazon had used his devil fruit power to cast a barrier of silence around the two of you so no one could hear the intimate private acts you two shared. 

And when it was done before the sun could rise,he held you close to him still as you slept, feeling content that he had fallen in love with someone before death came knocking on the door.

————-
A month has passed and you and Cora no longer worried about dying, if it was the time than that was it. Your feelings for each other were clear but the two of you didn't speak of it.

As you laid in Cora's arms you felt the gentle rumbling of the ground that soon quaked the whole building, alarming you both.

Cora got up as the sea stone door was being unlocked, he was going to fight them back as long as he could to protect you and bargain with the captors to take him instead and to let you live.

You had lost your strength as they haven't fed you for two weeks and you were frail after they decided to torture you for information, and they had held Corazon back and made him watch as the Captain of the Quinn pirates caused you pain. Yet you never spilled. Your willpower was just as strong as his brother's.

On the other side of the door, Baby 5 and Law unchained the heavy sea stone door, and pulled it open.

"Y/N-san!" The familiar voice of Law cried out.

Footsteps were heard and looking through heavy lidded eyes you saw two towering figures side by side. The taller one had a hand on Corazon's shoulder before approaching you.

Doflamingo's aura was dark and exuded rage and fury, and increased a thousand fold as he took in your appearance.

His brother's coat was draped over your shoulders and your skin that even he never dared to bruise was covered in welts and gashes. He was going to give Captain Quinn a slow and painful death.

Corazon was relieved that he was going to live but more so for you. His brother thanked him for taking care of you before he scooped you up into his arms and carried you out the room where they detained the both of you.

The children and fellow officers gasped as the young master appeared with their strongest member in his arms.

"What did they do to Y/N-ya?!" Law cried, tears falling from his eyes as he and Baby 5 followed the young master.

Corazon stepped out and was met with the officers who had a questioning concerned look  in their eyes. They were going to ask him a lot of questions later once they had given Corazon a pen and paper as he resumed his facade of being a mute. His mission continues.

He watched as his brother's figure walked ahead of them, feeling an ache in his heart as this rescue was both a blessing and a curse. The curse was he had to live with seeing the woman he loved be with someone else.

He just hoped Doflamingo knew how lucky he really was.