Deciding on simple black leggings and a turtleneck with a crew neck over the top, I slid on my talisman slippers and did my hair into a clip.

When walking downstairs, everything was clean. No dog, or surprise animal, and no randomly large gift among the others under the tree. What I did see, though, was two large suitcases. One was mine and the other was Lauren's. My brow arched in confusion, and just as I was about to call out to her, she came from the downstairs bathroom wearing an adorable smile.

"Hi beautiful," Lauren said, pulling me in by the waist to kiss my lips. "Come here, I want to show you something." A hand grabbed hold of mine to pull me into the living room,

"Honeybee," I trailed as she sat me on the couch before going to retrieve a small gift bag from under the tree.

"Hm?"

She sat down and turned to me with a nervous grin. My eyes then narrowed at her,

"Why're there suitcases-"

"Aht-" my question was hushed by her leaning in to quickly peck my lips. "No questions. Open this first..." Before she could completely pull away, I grabbed her by the sweater she wore to kiss her again, a bit longer this time, then let her go.

Now opening the gift, there was a note and then an envelope. I opened the note first, and smiled at the sweetness of her words.

Next was the envelope, which was a little thin.

When I opened it, my face furrowed in a hint of confusion once pulling out two small slips of paper. My eyes then widened once reading what was on them.

"You're not serious," I said, my mouth falling agape once I looked up at the growing smile on her face. She nodded. "Lauren... did you really-"

"I did..." she said, taking the hand that I'd reached out to her so that she'd sit on my lap. "And we leave today," she tilted my chin up and leaned down to kiss me again, then again. Already, I felt my eyes glossing over. "In about two hours to be exact..." Letting her words sink in a bit, my eyes then widened. "And yes, I've already got everything packed for you. Trust me, I didn't leave anything out," she laughed, then kissed my temple before drawing her lips down to my ear. "Besides...we won't necessarily be needing any clothes anyway..."

"Oh my God," I whispered to myself, already feeling myself get excited, just thinking of the days ahead.

~~~~~~~~

The Four Seasons Resort. In the Maldives. This girl flew me to a private, five-star villa...in the Maldives... At this point, it's everyday now that I ask myself how in the hell I even let her go, let alone lived life without her for seven freaking years.

Words couldn't explain the emotions coursing through me once she opened the door to this place and let me walk in first.

Now Lauren's always been a romantic, but this was on another level. There were flower petals, and not just any, but my favorite flower petals, scattered across the floor and trailing toward the bedroom. There was an array of gifts sitting on the bed, then the flower petals spelling out 'Merry Christmas' in front of it. I was doing good to keep the tears at bay when arriving, but after seeing that and opening the gifts...I was a mess for sure.

Everything was just so detailed and thoughtful...I couldn't believe it was being done for me. I mean from the hibiscus and orchid petals, to her remembering when I told her I'd always wanted to visit the Maldives...The way she knew exactly what to pack in my suitcase, and the fact that she planned this entire thing herself, even though I'm usually the one who does that stuff... Never in my life has my love for someone been so easily and thoroughly reciprocated. And I just...