Chapter 10

Aria's POV:

It's the Friday before the Halloween Bash and I'm still in need of a costume. I didn't want to ask Sade to help me until it was my last resort. She's like our little designer even though she hates to admit it. The girl could make a career out of it if she wanted to. She had been telling me about all the people blowing her phone up trying to see if she was available to whip something up for them for this party.

I didn't want to add to the stress, but seeing as I couldn't find anything at the mall or online, I had to bother her. She made it seem like it was no trouble at all and I should have said something sooner, but that's how she always is. I knew she wouldn't hesitate to help me. I just know how she is, she'll break her back to help others but won't create any boundaries or allow herself a break. I didn't want to take any advantage of that.

It's about 5 o'clock and I planned to spend the rest of my day at Sade's house. She told me it was just her and Lauren there, so I went and got us some snacks and pizza for tonight. It was bound to be a long one.

I let myself in and dropped the food and drinks at the kitchen island before walking upstairs to Sade's room. I could hear the muffled sounds of Lauren's voice behind the door,

"Ari Pooh!!!" Lauren squealed as she flew from Sade's bed to hug me as I walked in,

" Hey sis," I said letting go. "What y'all hoes been doing?" I smirked and wiggled my eyebrows at Sade behind Lauren's back as I followed behind her towards the bed.

She playfully rolled her eyes and flipped me off which caused Lauren to look back at me. I placed my hand over my chest and hung my mouth open as if I was shocked and had no idea why my best friend did that,

"Bitch." Sade commented.

"What the hell-" Lauren chuckled as she looked between us. I shrugged,

"Looks like SOMEBODY'S in a MOOD," I glared at her playfully. She rolled her eyes again,

"Yea yea whateva," she waved me off.

"I got pizza and snacks for y'all downstairs-"

"Whaaaat-"

"Aw you love us-" Lauren reached over the bed and wrapped her arms around me. "Thank you!"

With that, she ran out the door and down the stairs, leaving just the two of us in the room.

"Where your sisters?"

"Out with my mom. They went to go eat and see a movie, I told them y'all were coming over so I'd just stay here." I nodded,

"They'll be back later though right?"

"Well yeah Aria they do live here," my best friend chuckled before returning to sewing some fabric and jean material together.

"Yeah, you right my bad I be a lil slow sometimes," I laughed. "But I do need to tell you something though I can't hold it in any longer." Flattening out across the bottom of her bed, I faced her while she sat in front of me at her desk chair, working on a costume which I assumed to be mines.

"This about your new boo ain't it," Sade mumbled with a needle between her teeth, keeping her eyes on the costume.

"Wha-"

"Oh girl, you're not as slick as you think." Lauren came back out of nowhere, holding a plate of pizza and chips up to her face as she took a bite out of a slice.

"Oh lord-" I rolled my eyes as I smacked my head. "I thought I was doing good-"

Lauren shook her head. "Nope," she said with her mouth full.