Chapter 23

Sade's POV:

After about two episodes of this show I'd started a few days ago, Lauren strode down the stairs. She was wrapped in a cozy pink throw blanket from her room, and was dressed in a large sweatshirt and sweatpants with her hair down. Topping off the extremely comfortable look, she wore these christmas themed fuzzy socks.

Aside from her  grieving in pain, she looked really adorable right now. Smiling to myself at the sight, I paused the show and gave my girlfriend my full attention.

"Hi there beautiful," I cooed softly. My voice was laced with caution as I asked, "How you feeling?"

She hardly said anything to answer, but instead just walked over to me and crawled into my lap. My body was stretched across the longer sofa as I laid down with my head against the armrest.

"Better than I did two hours ago," Lauren mumbled with her head mostly under the blanket.

The tone she said it in made me chuckle a little as I just rubbed her back in response.

Thoughts of ways to make her feel even a tad bit better roamed my head while she laid on top of me. The memory of the first time I came here crossed my mind, generating the appearance of a wide grin onto my face. Little does babygirl here know, that day was and will always be special to me...

~~~~~

"So this is your room huh?" My eyes wandered around while I stepped inside

"So this is your room huh?" My eyes wandered around while I stepped inside. Lauren trailed nervously behind me, watching attentively for my reaction.

"No, I actually brought you to the guest room-" her tone flattened as she joked. Turning around with a smirk tugging my lips, I playfully pushed her shoulder. She giggled, "I'm kidding, yes, this is my room. What you thinking?"

Lauren's room was very beautiful to me. I guess, of course I'd think that because it reflects her perfectly. Walking in, the size was the first thing to be noticed. This room is very spacious, yet comforting. Second was the vinyls and posters that hung up on the wall behind her bed, which made me smile. It's so crazy to me how similar Lauren and I's music tastes are because when I say my shit is more diverse than a college ad....I mean it.

On the opposite wall, she had a shit ton album covers from artists such as, Kanye West, Michael and Janet Jackson, Tyler the Creator, Aaliyah, Lauryn Hill, En Vogue, Toni Braxton, Arctic Monkeys, Nirvana, AC/DC, ABBA, Etta James, Steve Lacy, Daniel Caesar, Frank Ocean, Adele, the list goes on.

Like I said, extremely diverse. I was in awe for real.

"Holy shit Lauren, this wall is insane," I said, walking along the wall and tracing my fingers just barely across some of the covers. "And the way I agree with every one of these albums on a spiritual level is also insane." Turning back, I see Lauren standing behind me. Apparently she was looking at me instead of the wall because as soon as I turned around, she quickly looked away as if I'd caught her staring. With a nervous laugh, Lauren tugged on her ear,