Chapter 55

~ Two Weeks Later ~

Omniscient POV:

With the time being around 10pm, Dylan and Aria were up to nothing but cuddles on the couch paired with an entertaining movie and homemade chicken fajitas tacos. They liked to take turns cooking; each trying to one up the other with some interesting recipes found on the internet. Tonight was Dylan's go round and Aria was sparse to admit he did in fact blow her away. Nothing she couldn't beat though.

The movie currently playing was Marvel's 'Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.' Due to already watching the first movie two nights ago, this one was next in line.

Aria laid, cuddled up to her boyfriend's side and tucked under his sleeved arm as Dylan draped both back behind him. His legs were stretched out as a plush ottoman accompanied his feet and his girlfriend's left leg rested atop both.

"Okay but, all she is want is her kids, I don't understand what their problem is-"

"But to damn near terrorize the Earth to get them? They're not even real-" Aria gasped and sat up to meet Dylan's humorously widened eyes,

"No you didn't just say that." Dylan chuckled,

"It's true! She created them in her mind-"

"Bruh no. They are real, just-"

A soft buzz of the door put a halt to their bickering as they both looked at each other in suspicious confusion. They gave each other looks that said 'Did you-' 'No, did you-' 'No...' The couple then took a narrowed glance at the door.

"I'll get it," Dylan said, slowly rising from the sofa. Placing a hesitant hand on his arm, Aria wordlessly warned him to be careful as he walked on.

Taking slow steps up their condo's buzzing doorbell, Dylan reached a hand up to press the button connected to the speaker downstairs.

"Who is it?" he cautiously asked.

There was a beat of silence before anyone responded on the other line. The couple shared another skeptical look.

"Hey, D, it's me."

Dylan and Aria immediately dropped their heads, releasing tense breaths.

"Good Lord, Sade, you scared us-" the door buzzed as he pressed a button to let her in. "Come on up."

"Sorry, sorry-" she said through a laugh.

~~~~~

Sade could barely get through the door before Aria tackled her in an embrace. The two shared a giggle as Sade spun her childhood best friend around in her arms. Dylan could only watch them with a glad smile on his face, despite his brief annoyance at her ignoring his request to keep quiet until tomorrow. He simply hoped Aria wouldn't catch on too soon.

"Oh my God, I haven't seen you in forever! How are you!"

Sade shook her head, laughing. "It's only been a few months A, but I'm alright. What y'all up to?" She asked, taking a look around the apartment. Some furniture had been repositioned, but it was still familiar to her.

Taking her hand, Aria dragged her to plop on the couch, tucking a leg under as she attentively faced her best friend. "Now you know I love you, but girl, it's ten o'clock at night. What you doing here? Is something wrong?" Her face took on an expression of growing worry.

Sade quickly shook her head. "No, no, everything's fine. I just-" her eyes briefly shifted to Dylan who gave her a pleading look to make up something. "I had a show here in Tampa tonight and I was gonna stop by in the morning, but I thought why not tonight?" She glanced at Dylan again to find him smiling before turning to head for the kitchen.