Her eyes widened. "I cannot--my father--he is not of the royal family."

"Neither am I," Dimitrius informed. He didn't care what this girl decided. He was off the hook. All he desired to do now was to leave this place.

"But my father approves of you. I... Still, want to marry you," she spoke softly. They continued their dialogue as the priest waited to announce their final decision.

Dimitrius family and the bride both dragged the soon-to-be newlyweds and the teenage lover boy out of the altar.

"We have some things to discuss. They will be back shortly." Dimitrius's father, apologized for the family interruption.

"Music!" He signaled the orchestra to play the soft melody to entertain the guest due to the family postponing the wedding. The music kept them occupied in a pleasant mood as they waited for their return.

As the wedding hummed and sing to the music the Vlaxos and Martakis clan did the best to convince the bride and groom that they should still wed.

"She doesn't love me. She's in love with another." Dimitri stated.

"I...I.." the bride begins to speak, but quickly stopped herself.

"Don't talk about such thing. Helena doesn't love him. Solely infatuation to be exact." says the king as he glared at his daughter. How dare she destroyed his honor and for what? A love affair. King, Lukas now understood that those late nights, sneaking off past dawn to visit her so called classmates all resulted in him.

"Merely teenage love. But you, my son, she will learn to love you. You are the one she marries. Not him." Dimitrius father pointed at the boy that claims he loved the king's daughter.

"I love her!" the teenage boy confessed again.

"Oh, hush, dear. Do you realize what you've done? Your freedom no longer belongs to you. You'll be eaten away by--those-- paparazzi." the queens says. The queen somehow worried for the young boy's life. He'll not be able to go anywhere without being recognized. The queen then switches on the TV. Every channel had highlights of the wedding.

Female news reporter: What a royal scandal. She was the young princess of Greece, Helena Martakis. She was not so young after all. In fact, she's mature enough to have an affair with a young man everyone was shocked to discover. What an embarrassed to the royal family.

"Look what you've done, Helena. Haven't I--your father and I have given you the world, still you go and do this." she directed to the television that was filled with familiar faces. More like their faces. Images of the family imprinted in every screen.

No doubt by sunrise they will be the trending topic of the day!

"You cannot handle this lifestyle. Our way of life is overwhelming. You'll lose all sense of sanity." added Dimitri, mother. The parent's mission was too frightened the poor boy. They prayed that their plan was going accordingly.

".... I will never speak of this again. Your majesty, my queen. Forgive me." The boy finally says as he looked deeply at the bride. The girl gazed at him back. She felt ashamed that she couldn't confess her love for him as he did. With so much at stake, she didn't think it was possible. She was a royal princess. The disappointing eyes of her parents brought enough sadness to heart already, and he was adding up to it. She loved him. She did. Or so she thought. We are the parents, right? Was it just a temporary love? Will they soon grow apart? It was already happening. Her lover had chosen to let go.

As painful as it is to do such thing, he chose to give up. To give up the loved that they once shared. He didn't see the point of holding on.

"I...I.." the bride begins to speak, but quickly stopped herself.

She wasn't brave enough to fight for the love they had. He did all the fighting. Love takes two individuals to make it. For the first time in his life the young man he felt utterly, alone.

Dimitri observed the young love. Anyone can see, feel, that they were indeed rooted in love. The atmosphere between them was intense.

Maybe in another life, they could be to together without family status or differences being the cause of what tore them apart. He had never been in love. If these two were truly destined, meant to be.

He did not want to be the other obstacle that separates them. With a bit of fear that the love God's might punish him for not letting the young love blossom. He too gave up.

Dimitrius sighed. "I cannot do this father. Your majesty. My queen. I---"

"Of course. You can, " says the Dimitri heartless father.

"No, I cannot do this, father. It is wrong!" Dimitri shouted. There were many things that his father couldn't comprehend or at least tried to understand. Sometimes he wonders how did his mother put up with such man as his father.

"I wished to become brave as you one day boy." he patted the brave young boy and isolated himself from the chaotic family.

"Dimitrius! Come back here." his father followed after him.

He walked away from it all. His bride, the king, family, to gain a new start. Dimitrius desperately searched for a new beginning. A life that he can create on his own without the help of his father. Without the assistance of anyone.

 Without the assistance of anyone

_______

Another update! Hope you all like it! Don't forget to Vote & Comment to keep the story going!

Vote. Comment. Share.