Ch. 12- Kidnapping of The Damsel

Start from the beginning

As I did so, a faint but persistent alarm bell began to ring in my head—a signal that danger might be imminent. I was trying to locate an escape route and assess my surroundings, on the lookout for a taxi, but none were in sight. I couldn't risk exposing my phone too much, as it could easily be snatched away by potential threats.

I heard the faint sound of footsteps approaching on the wet road behind me, and I turned around to see two men following closely behind.

My heart sank. These men had been in the restaurant, seated near my table. Did that mean they had been tracking me all along?

However, they didn't appear to be part of Volkner's security team. They had a Middle Eastern appearance and wore shabby clothing.

With a quickened pace, I left the desolate alley and returned to the main street. I reached for my phone and dialed the hotel lobby. To avoid drawing attention, I didn't put the earpiece in my ear but spoke when I saw that the call had been answered.

"Hello? Hi, I'm Dr. Kaya. Kaya Rashidi, your guest on the 13th floor. Do you remember me? Well, I believe I'm being followed. Can you please ask John to get in touch with me? I'm not sure of my location." My voice trembled with fear.

There was a response from the other end, but the words were unclear. I caught something about a taxi.

"My phone isn't on speaker, and yes, I'll flag down a taxi and make my way there. Please don't disconnect the call," I pleaded before turning off the screen and heading towards the main road. I could hear raised voices from the phone, and a man's voice was creating a commotion. I lowered the phone's volume and pressed it closer to my body to avoid drawing any unwanted attention.

There were few taxis on the road. I did not ask anyone anything and opened a door on one and rode on it.

The moment I sat down, all the other taxis left.

My heart dropped in my stomach. Why did the other taxis leave without any passengers?

"Please drive to Hotel Caelus. Please," I pleaded with the driver.

The driver, seated inside and smoking, seemed disinterested in starting the car.

"Can you start quickly? I'll give you an extra tip," I demanded, my voice quivering. My heartbeat echoed thunderously in my head, and my fear was palpable.

The driver remained seated, continuing to smoke. The cabin was filled with the pungent odor of cannabis.

"Please start the car," I begged, all while my call remained active but the tone had disappeared. I worried that staying online might allow them to trace my location.

"Madame, why are all you wealthy people always in such a hurry?" the driver hissed.

I gasped so intensely that it felt as if my heart might leap out of my mouth. Panic surged through me as I desperately tried to unlock the door, then it hit me.

I was put on child lock.

I was trapped.

To my horror, I saw the two men come out of the alleyway and directly look at me through the car glasses. It started to drizzle again.