fourteen

"I accepted Loreal's endorsement project for you. Check your email about the contract and tell me what you think about it." Tina said to Charlotte while looking at her iPad to check the schedule of her artist friend, but Charlotte's mind was absent and she was not paying any attention to Tina.

It has been a week since the last time Charlotte saw Engfa or had any interaction with the superstar. She understands that Engfa is out of the country and is having a fan meeting on the west side of the world, but Charlotte can't help but feel a little bit sad about the reality of life hitting her.

That she and Engfa Waraha are really not that close or friends to be updating each other to begin with.

For example telling each other where they are in the world.

because where is Engfa Waraha as of this moment? Charlotte wants to know, there's no news online.

"You are not listening again. What are you thinking and you're being distracted?" Tina taps Charlotte's shoulder, harder this time.

Charlotte darted her gaze at her friend-slash-manager and sees how Tina's eyebrows are almost meeting because of annoyance and frustration.

"Hey? Earth to Charlotte?" Tina said again. Snapping her hand this time.

Charlotte apologetically smiled, her mind has been missing these past few days and has been traveling to places Charlotte is not familiar with.

"Did the MGI tell you anything regarding me and P'fa?" Charlotte dismissed any of Tina's words as if the endorsements and other projects did not exist in her career.

Charlotte and Engfa's encounter has been a blessing for Charlotte's old-normal-not so famous-artist life, now everything changed.

Now she got a lot of small business promotions and some big brand offerings. They wanted Charlotte to model their products.

Of course, Tina and Charlotte will grab anything that is worthy of money. It will gain Charlotte's more popularity and value in the industry.

Thanks to Engfa.

Engfa Waraha made this.

Charlotte is grateful because of it, she really is but she doesn't know how to express her appreciation to the Superstar, right now they are both busy living their usual celebrity lives.

Charlotte is kind of occupied too, but her mind has a lot of space available for thinking about Engfa Waraha.

"You already know that MGI said that they will contact us again once Engfa is back with her fan meetings and other activities this month. Why are you asking this again?" Tina looks at Charlotte with a questionable gaze.

Tina has been seeing her friend with different eyes these past days because Charlotte has been acting weird after her afternoon date with Engfa Waraha.

Did something just happen? That's how Tina wants to interpret Charlotte's behavior, something happened.

"Why are you not spilling me some tea about your date with Engfa? What happened?" Tina once again asked what happened between Charlotte and Engfa's out-of-town get-away, she did not get any answer the first time she asked Charlotte about it. Charlotte was just smiling the night she got home after her date with Engfa.

Tina just happened to visit Charlotte and Heidi's shared condo, hoping for a girls night out which is why she saw how happy Charlotte was, Tina's the one who opened the door for Charlotte.

Charlotte just ignored other questions about that day, she always said that they only ate.

"For a hundred times, it is not a date. We just ate." Charlotte rolled her eyes. It is true that it was not a date, Engfa is just so generous and hungry that she paid for all the food they ate and drove her home safe.

Engfa even apologizes nonstop because something just came up and she really needs to go home as soon as possible.

They are not supposed to go home after they eat, Engfa wanted to take some more time and told Charlotte that they needed to get to know each other more, but then something happened that made Engfa stand up from her seat and wish to go home.

"I don't have anything scheduled tomorrow, right? Let's go out and party, I think my mind needs a break from all of this." Charlotte added, suggesting even. Just to dodge Tina's upcoming questions.

Charlotte doesn't want to answer because she doesn't know how to respond.

What she wanted now was for her mind to clear and unclog the negativity she's harboring.

Honestly, it is overwhelming Charlotte, especially with Engfa Waraha's presence beside her. Charlotte's feelings are out and crashing from wall to wall, and it is a little bit messy.

She just wanted to be friends with Engfa and form a genuine connection with the actress because Charlotte thought that having Engfa around actually felt righ. That would help both of them to bond for the future project.

"Okay, let's drink later. I'll call Heidi after she's done with her promotional shoot at 5 pm." Tina closed her iPad. She might as well enjoy the night instead of planning and explaining things to Charlotte when, obviously, Charlotte is not interested at the moment.

"Are you Heidi's manager too?" Charlotte was side-eyeing Tina, wondering how Tina knew Heidi's schedule.

"No, I'm not, just you alone gives me headaches. What more if I handle her?" Tina depensively said.

"True, but still, how did you know she has a promotional shoot today? And the exact time of her out ?" Still, Charlotte feels suspicious, how come Heidi is her best friend yet she's not informed about her whereabouts?

"Duh? She said to me yesterday. Why? She did not tell you where she is?" Tina asked back sassily, but at the back of her head, Tina was now wondering if Heidi actually wanted to be managed by her.

"Forget it, just inform her that we will be at the RainbowG. pub." Charlotte dismissed the topic and proceeded to think about drinking liquor and dancing to vibe music.

Charlotte didn't know the reason, but she wanted to get drunk and wasted.

on a ride | englotOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara