"Gay? Nah, not at all. But I think he said he wasn't sure yet, but no problem on my part," Alex said, "You have a problem with that?"

"No! No, not at all," Draco looked down and fiddled with his fingers. "It's just…"

"You and I are telepathic at this point," Alex said and put his hand on Draco's back, rubbing a little. "Something's wrong." It was a fact, not a question.

“Telepathic, huh?” Draco smiled a little, moving his legs anxiously.

“Telepathic,” Alex whispered and looked up at the sky, which already seemed to be brightening a bit.

It was so strange, now that Draco was remembering his life in Evalon, how unlikely this friendship would have been in the past.

Draco's family, and even his ancestors, would be very ashamed of him for being friends with a Lycan, and even worse for being madly in love.

The history of their rival species started long, long before Draco's ancestors had even been born.

It was not known exactly, but it was said that Vampires and Lycans had been born from shape-shifter sorcerers from what’s now Mexico during the Dawn of the Beasts.

For years, these sorcerers, the Nahuales, performed rites to become hairy or winged beasts that could only be killed by sacred wood or silver respectively.

Both species fought for control of the lands until the Lycans almost became extinct, and it was then that the first Alycandro Alfaro on record fled with his people on rafts to find new lands, and they found them south of what would become Evalon, where they erected the Village of the Three Goddesses.

Years later, the twelve-feet-tall vampire, Draco Von Stroker the Impaler, found the Lycans' new home.

There was war for decades, the Madmen who inhabited Evalon long before the arrival of the Lycans were enslaved, the Lycans were killed one by one, as were vampires. Many sacred wood forests were cut down by Lycans to forge weapons or burned by the Vampires. It seemed that both sides were about to become extinct, but it was then that the pact of Covenant Islet happened, in which the Lycans agreed to go north and the vampires kept the western and southern lands, including Village of the Three Goddesses and the last Sacred Wood forest in Robleston.

For centuries there was peace between species, but everything changed with the death of Duke Lyctor Alfaro of Moonfall at hands of Draco's nephew.

The War of the Nine Kingdoms then began, and only ended with the arrival of a greater war...

The Zeldrich War, which Zeth and Draco fought and barely won.

After that, some Vampires and Lycans left Evalon, along with some other species such as the Yeti who defected and headed for Nepal.

Vampires left for what would later become Transylvania while Lycans returned to their origins in what would later become Mexico, but the rivalry turned into armed peace.

Through the years and many wars, silver became contempt, sacred wood became indifference, executions became words, and wars became disgust.

At least there was now a certain degree of civility.

"You didn't hear anything I said, did you, Von Stroker?" Alex grumbled and Draco blushed.

"Sorry, I got lost in my thoughts again," Draco and Alex laughed a little.

"I suspected it when you started swinging your feet and looked up and away."

"You know me well, I think we really are telepathic at this point," Draco bit his lip.